IAF Ground Duty Officers Course 2011 – Selection Procedure
- IAF invites applications from male and female Indian citizens for grant of Permanent / Short Service Commission in Ground Duty branches of the Indian Air Force for the following courses for Which training will commence in Jul 2011.
No. 130 Ground Duty Officers’ Course (Permanent Commission for Men).
No. 23 Short Service Commission Course for Men.
No. 39 Short Service Commission Course for Women.
Last date for receipt of Duty Officer applications : 11 October 2010.
Last date for receipt of Duty Officer applications for the candidates who are sending their applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunaehal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram : 18 October 2010.
Eligibility for IAF Recruitment 2010 :
- Should be an Indian Citizen.
- Educational Qualification :
|Administration & Logistics||Graduation Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or a Post Graduation Degree / equivalent Diploma in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.|
|Accounts||Graduate degree in commerce (B Com) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together or Post Graduate Degree in commerce (M.Com) / Chi ICWA with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.|
|Meteorology||Post Graduate Degree in any Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science/Applied Physics / Oceanography / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).|
|Education||Post Graduate Degree In any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.|
Note : Candidates Applying for 130 GDOC / 23 SSC (M) / 39 SSC (W) Courses are to Satisfy Themselves of their Eligibility as Per this Advertisement. Receipt of Call up Letter Does not Imply Fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria.
Candidates appearing in final year / semester examination may also apply provided they fulfil the following conditions :
- Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks for Graduates and a minimum of 50% marks for Post Graduate Degree / equivalant Diploma in aggregate in all papers put together up to the last semester / year for which results have been declared, at the time of applying / AFSB testing.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional /original qualifying degree / diploma certificate (as applicable) latest by 15 Jun 2011.
- Indian Air Force Age Limit : (As on 01 Jul 2011)
|Age limit||Born between|
|For Graduates||20 to 23 Years||02 Jul 1988 to 01 Jul 1991|
|For Post Graduates / LLB (Five years integrated course).||20 to 25 Years||02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jul 1991|
|For LLB (Three years course after Graduation),||20 to 26 Years||02 Jul 1985 to 01 Jul 1991|
|For MEd / PhD / CA / ICWA||20 to 27 Years||02 Jul 1984 to 01 Jul 1991|
IAF Physical Standards :
- Height : Minimum height : Men – 157.5 Cms, Women – 152 Cms with correlated weight.
- Other additional medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
IAF Application Form 2010 :
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, download the application format from our website www.careerairforce.nic.in.Complete the columns in the application in English (Block Capitals) and send the same by Ordinary Post to the address as per First Choice of Centre for written examination of Common Entrance Test (CET).Alternately, the application can be typed or handwritten (in Block Capitals) as per the format given in the advertisement in A4 size paper. Application must” reach the concerned Command HQ on or before last date for receipt of applications.Details of Common Entrance Test (CET) centres and addresses where application should be forwarded are appended below :-
|Cet Centres||Application to be Forwarded to|
|Palam (Delhi), Rajokri (Delhi), Hindon (Ghaziabad), Chandigarh, Nal (Bikaner), Sri nagar (J&K), Jammu.||Command Education Officer,HQ Western Air Command,IAF, Subroto Park,
New Delhi - 110010.
Tele Phone : (011) - 25687194 Extn - 7361
|Allahabad, Agra, Bareilly.||Command Education Officer,HQ Central Air Command,IAF, Bamrauli,Allahabad (UP) - 211012Tele Phone : (0532)-2233261 Extn-5406 & 5419|
|Guwahati, Hashimara, Barrackpore (Kolkata).||Command Education Officer,HQ Eastern Air Command,IAF,PO-Nonglyer,Shillong (Meghalaya) - 739009Tele Phone : (0364)-2561461-67 Extn-3422 & 3473|
|Nagpur, Ojhar (Nasik).||Command Education Officer,HQ Maintenance Command,lAF,Vayu Sena Nagar,Nagpur (Maharashtra ) - 440007.Tele Phone : (0712)-2512771 - 75 Extn-2253 & 2256|
|Vadodara, Jodhpur, Pune.||Command Education Officer,
HQ South Western Air Command,
JAF, Sector-9,Gandhi Nagar, (Gujarat) - 382009.Tele Phone : (0791-23242600 Extn- 5540 & 5535
|Hyderabad (Begumpet and / or Hakimpet), Jalahalii (Bengaluru), Tambaram (Chennai).||Command Education Officer,HQ Training Command,AF, JC Nagar P.O, Hebbal, Bengaluru (Karnataka) - 560006Tele Phone : (080)23411061 Extn-4336 & 4335|
|Thiruvananthapuram, Sulur (Coimbatore).||Command Education Officer,HQ Southern Air Command,IAF, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) - 695031
Tele Phone : (0471)-2551361 Extn- 7312
Note 1 : Candidates are to contact Command Education Officer of the relevant command to resolve any query regarding Common Entrance Test (CET). Query timings 07:30 hrs to 13:30 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Note 2 : No queries / correspondence will be entertained regarding late receipt/ non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications.
- Superscribe the envelope with name of the course for which applying and CET Centres opted for.
- Final allotment of CET Centre will be at the discretion of Command HQs.
- Application must be accompanied by two self addressed envelopes (size – 23×10 cm) one pasted with 27/- postage stamps and other with 5/- postage stamps along with two unattested recent passport size colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application.
- Airmen and other government employees need to apply through proper channel.