IAF Flying Pilot Branch Course 2011 – Selection Procedure
- Indian Air Force invites applications from unmarried male and female Indian Citizens for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying (Pilot) Branch of the Indian Air Force for the following courses for which training will commence in Jul 2011.
No. 8 Short Service Commission (Men) Flying (Pilot) Course
No. 37 Short Service Commission (Women) Flying (Pilot) Course
Last date for receipt of applications : 04 October 2010.
Last date for receipt of Indian Air Force applications for the candidates who are sending their applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands Assam. Meghalaya. Manipur. Arunachal Pradesh Tripura Nagaland and Mizoram 11 October 2010.
Eligibility for Indian Air Force 2011 :
- Should be an unmarried Indian citizen.
- Indian Air Force Age Limit : 19 to 23 years as on 01 Jul 2011 i.e. born between 02 Jul 1988 and 01 Jul 1992 (Both dates inclusive).(Upper age Iimit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued / validated by DGCA (lndia) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. born between 02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jul 1992 (Both dates inclusive)).
- Indian Air Force Educational Qualification : Graduates (Three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10 + 2 level OR BE / BTech degree (Four year course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
Candidates appearing in final year / semester examinations may also apply provided they fulfil the following conditions :-
- Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of applying / AFSB testing.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate issued by University latest by 15 Jun 2011.
Note : Candidates Applying for 8 SSC (M) / 37 SSC (W) F(P) Courses are to Satisfy Themselves of their eligibility as per this advertisement. Receipt of call up letter does not imply fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
Indian Air Force Physical Standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height – 162.5 cms with correlated weight and leg length in the range of 99 cms(Min) and 120 cms (Max).
- Vision :
- Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only
- Manifest Myopia – Nil.
- Lasik Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfiled at the time of Air Force medical examination :-
- Lasik Surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years.
- The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.
- At least twelve months should have lapsed post uncomplicate stable Lasik. No history or evidence of any complication.
- The post Lasik corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.
- Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to Lasik are to be excluded. Candidates must not suffer from colour or night blindness.
- Other additional medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.Candidates who have failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier attempt OR a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply. Airmen candidates are to apply through the separate Airmen entry.
Application Form for IAF Recruitment 2010:
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, download the application format from our website www.careerairforce.nic.in, complete the columns in English (Block Capitals) and send the same by Ordinary Post at the following address by 04 October 2010 / 11 October 2010 (as applicable).Alternately the application can be typed or handwritten (in block capitals) as per the format given in the advertisement in A4 size paper.Post Bag No.001,
Nirman Bhawan Post Office,
New Delhi – 110 106.
Note : No queries/correspondence will be entertained regarding late receipt / non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications.
- Superscrbe the envelope: 8 SSC (M) F(P) / 37 SSC (W) F (P) Course (as applicable).
- Indian Air Force application must also be accompanied by One self addressed envelope (size-23×10 cms) pasted with 27/- postage stamps.