Indian Air Force – Selection Procedure
Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen for Group ‘Y’ Trades.
1. Qualification : Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination
2. Sports Discipline : Basketball, Gymnastics, Football, Hockey, Weight Lifting, Wrestling, Handball and Cycle Polo.
3. Candidate should have achieved the following in any of the above sports discipline
- Represented the country in Junior International meet ( s ) in any of the above sports discipline.
- Attained up to fifth place in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in Individual sports events.
- in team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship or National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federation of India ( SGFI ).
- Preference will be given to medal winners in all the above three categories.
4. Age : Born between on Jul 1987 and 28 Feb 1991 ( Both days inclusive ).
5. Medical Standards :
- Height : Minimum acceptable height : 152.5 cm
- Chest : Minimum range of expansion : 5 cm
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age
- Vision : Minimum visual standard : Unaided 6 / 36, corrected with glasses to at least 6 / 9 in each eye, diptectric power not exceeding ? 3.5 Dioptres in any meridian. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour perception CP – II / III. ( Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used ).
- Corneal Surgery ( PRK / LASIK ) is not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 metres with each ear separately. ( Ears to be free of wax )
- Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- Health : Candidates should be free from any Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain
Terms and Conditions
6. Tenure : Enrollment is for initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
7. Training : Training schedule is of 24 weeks for non-tech trades. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academic, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
8. Pay & Allowances : During training, a stipend of 2850/- pm will be paid. On successful completion of training, starting basic pay will be 3250/- pm which, in subsequent years, may raise upto 9550/- pm depending upon the rank attained. Allowances’ as admissible are additional. In addition to this, perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical Facilities, Accommodation and Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ), etc, are also provided as per the existing rules. Medical and LTC facilities are available for dependent family members also.