Indian Air Force as Permenant / Short Service Commissioned Officers
Indian Air Force Offers Excellent Opportunities for Engineers and Post Graduates (Men & Women) Join the Indian Air Force as Permanent / Short Service Commissioned Officers through Fast Track Selection (FTS) at Coimbatore.
- Indian Air Force will conduct Fast Track Selection (FTS) at Coimbatore for short-listing of candidates for Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics). Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) and Meteorological branches as per the details mentioned below. Training of the finally selected candidates will commence in Jan 2009.
Details of Venue with Date
|Place||Centre||Date||Date & Time of Registration|
|Coimbatore||Park College of Engineering & Technology,|
Avinasni Road; Kaniyur,
Coimbatore - 641659
|16 November 2008||16 Nov 2008, Between 0800 H to 1100 H|
- Candidates (both men & women) having following qualifications can appear for the selection drive as per procedure mentioned in succeeding paragraphs.
- Educational Qualifications:
|Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)||First Class (Min 60% marks in aggregate) BE / B.Tech in Electronics / Telecommunication / Electrical / Electronics and Communication / Instrumentation / Information Technology / Computer Science & Engineering or combination of these subjects.|
|Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)||First Class (Min 60% marks in aggregate) BE / B.Tech in Aeronautical / Mechanical / Production / Industrial Production or combination of these subjects.|
|Meteorological Branch Second Class||(Min 50% marks in aggregate) MCA / Post Graduation in Science or Geography provided Mathematics and Physics were taken at graduation level (Criteria of having Mathematics and Physics at graduation level is applicable for both MCAs and Post Graduates).|
All candidates would need to submit original / provisional certificate and mark sheets latest by 15 Dec 2008, failing which the candidature is liable to be cancelled. Candidates who have appeared in_Phase-ll testing at AFSBs for 75AEC / 46SSC & 125 GDOC /18SSC(M) / 34SSC(W) courses are not eligible to participate in this FTS.
|Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics / Mechanical)||18 to 28 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1981 and 01 Jan 1991|
|Meteorological Branch||20 to 25 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1984 and 01 Jan 1989|
- Registration: Registration will take place between 0800 hours to 1100 hours on the date mentioned against the venue. No registration will take place after the specified time and candidates who fail to register their names on the day of registration will not be permitted to appear for selection procedure.
Candidates are required to report at the venue with the following documents:
- Two copies of pre-filled FTS pro forma (on A4 size paper) as per format given below.
- Original certificate of Secondary School Examination (for proof of date of birth).
- Mark sheet and certificate of Senior Secondary School Examination.
- Original certificate and mark sheets (all semesters/years) of BE / B.Tech / Graduation & Post Graduation as the case may be.
- Any one of the following documents as a proof of identity:
- Driving Licence
- Voter Identity Card
- College Identity Card.
- Two recent colour passport size photographs.
- Registration Numbers will be allotted and marked on the FTS Proforma. Format of FTS Pro forma is appended below. Pro forma can also be downloaded from career website of the IAF i.e. www.careerairforce.nic.in
- Registered candidates will undergo following tests:
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (For Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) / (Mechanical) Branches}: The test would be objective type having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in two parts:- Part ‘A’ General Engineering. Part ‘B’ Specialist Paper of each permitted engineering discipline.
Common Entrance Test (CET) (For Meteorological Branch):
|The test consists of two parts:|
|Part 'A'||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs): English and General Awareness.|
|Part 'B'||Descriptive Test in English consisting of Comprehension, Letter Writing and Paragraph Writing.|
- We shall endeavour to declare the result of EKT / CET on the same day. All EKT / CET qualified candidates will undergo Phase-I Test (Picture Perception and Discussion Test) either on the same day or on subsequent day(s). All Phase-I qualified candidates will be issued call letters by the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) for further testing.
- Disclamier:Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing rules and regulations of Indian Air Force / Govt, of India will be final.
For Career Details Contact:
Publicity Cell, Air HQ,
“DISHA”, Motilal Nehru Marg,
New Delhi -110 106.
Telephone No: 011-23010231 Extn: 7080, 011-23013690 (Direct).
Telefax: 011- 23017918.