Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Branch Courses Jan 2017 for Men
Indian Air Force invites Enterprising & Adventurous Indian Citizens ( Men ) to Join the Indian Air Force As Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Branch.
1. IAF applications are invited from enterprising & adventurous Indian Citizens ( Men ) as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following courses commencing in January 2017 for grant of Permanent / Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch.
IAF Meteorology Branch Courses Commencing in January 2017.
Meteorology Branch in IAF 2017
- No. 200/17G/PC/M ( Permanent Commission for Men )
- No. 200/17G/SSC/M ( Short Service Commission for Men )
Receipt of IAF Meteorology application from 05th December, 2015 to 02nd January, 2016.
Last date for receipt of IAF applications for the candidates who are sending their applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram : 09th January, 2016.
IAF Meteorology Branch Course Eligibility Conditions 2016
2. Meteorology Branch - 200/17G/PC/M, 200/17G/SSC/M
- IAF Meteorology Branch Age Limit 2016 : 20 – 26 Years as on 01 January 2017 i.e born in between 02 January 1991 to 01 January 1997. ( both dates inclusive ).
- Educational Qualifications for IAF Meteorology Branch 2016 : Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo – physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together ( Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both ).
- IAF Meteorology Branch Physical Standards 2016
- Height and Weight : Minimum height : Men – 157.5 Cms, Women – 152 Cms with correlated weight.
- All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
Candidates appearing in final year / semester examinations may also apply provided they fulfill the following conditions :
- Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Post Graduation in aggregate in all papers put together upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of applying / AFSB testing.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate latest by 15th December, 2016.
Type of Commission :
3. Permanent Commission : Candidates joining as Permanent Commission ( PC ) Officers in Meteorology Branch would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
4. Short Service Commission :
The initial tenure for Short Service Commission Officers in Meteorology Branch would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
Selection Procedure for IAF Meteorology Branch Course 2016 :
5. Candidates who are short listed will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards ( AFSBs ) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing would consist of two stages as given below.
- Stage – I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage – I Test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the Meteorology Branch. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage – I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage – II Testing consisting of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days ( Five Days ).
6. Change of Interview Dates for IAF Meteorology Branch 2016 : Request for change of SSB interview date should be avoided. However, as an exception, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. Request for such change should be forwarded to the respective AFSB from where the call letter for SSB interview has been received and not to Air Headquarters. The AFSBs may consider change of date at their discretion.
7. IAF Meteorology Medical Examination 2016 will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB.
8. Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training in the order of all India Merit list depending on the number of vacancies available. Grant of PC / SSC would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidate.
9. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
10. 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders.
11. Onus of meeting eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely undergoing AFSB testing would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements.
12. Application Form for IAF Commissioned Officer Meteorology Branch Course 2016
Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to Post Bag No. 001, Nirman Bhawan Post Office, New Delhi – 110106 by ordinary post only.
Note : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in Defence Services shall not be eligible to apply and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
13. Superscribe the envelope with ‘Application for Meteorology Branch Courses Commencing in January 2017′. Application must be accompanied with the following :
- One self addressed envelope ( Size – 23 X 10 cm ) with 27/- postage stamp.
- Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application form.
No queries / correspondence will be entertained regarding late receipt / non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications.
14. Serving Air Warrior candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 11 / 2015 through service channel. Other government employees need to apply through proper channel and are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
Training in IAF Commissioned Officer Meteorology Branch 2016
15. Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of January 2017.
16. The duration of training for Meteorology Branch is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
IAF Offers You
17. IAF Commissioned Officers Pay and Allowances 2016 : Flying Officers will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of 15,600 – 39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty / place of posting and would include, Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory ( Hill Area ) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachin Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Hard Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance. On successful completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in Meteorology Branch, including Transport Allowance of major cities, of 66,738/-.
18. Benefits : In addition to the Pay & Allowances, Officers are entitled to Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave ( 60 days Annual and 20 days Casual ) subject to service exigency, supply of entitled rations, canteen & Officers’ Mess facilities and many more.
19. Insurance : 50 Lakh Insurance Cover ( on contribution ) is applicable to serving officers.
20. TA : Traveling Allowance by the shortest route for AC – III Tier Mail / Express Trains to and fro for the journey from the place of Call Up or departure ( whichever is nearer ) is admissible. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket / bus ticket ( hard copy ) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
Important Instructions for IAF Commissioned Officer Meteorology Branch Courses 2016
21. In case the candidates are awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades / CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. The onus of proving the conversion from grade / CGPA to percentage of marks would rest with the candidate.
22. Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried ( Term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances ). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
23. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidate will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
24. Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
25. The candidates must carry a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for SSB Interview at Air Force Selection Board.
26. The candidature for the courses commencing in January 2017 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15th December, 2016.
27. Candidates who have been withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
28. PAN Card is a mandatory requirement to join AFA.
29. Use of mobile phone inside AFSBs is prohibited.
30. Candidates to check www.careerairforce.nic.in regularly after 01 March 2016 for call up details. Candidates whose name figure in call up details can report to concerned AFSB with the print out of the same even call up letter is not received through mail from AFSB.
31. SSC officers of 200/17G/SSC/M Course in Meteorology Branch may be considered for grant of PC based on vacancies, service requirement, suitability, merit and willingness.
32. The terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
33. Physical Conditioning : Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
34. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF / Govt. of India will be final.
35. Statutory Warning : Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.