Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Branch Courses July 2018 for Men – IAF Meteorology Branch Courses for Women 2018
IAF Meteorology Branch Course 2018
Indian Air Force Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in July 2018 for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) for men / Short Service Commission (SSC) for men in Flying and Meteorology Branch.
IAF Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Course Commencing in July 2018
Eligibility Criteria for IAF Meteorology Course for Men 2018
1. Branch & Course No. : Flying 204/18F/PC/M 204/18F/SSC/ M & W
Educational Qualification :
- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 06th August, 2015 is mandatory.
- Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and Graduate with minimum three year degree course in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent. or minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent are also eligible.
Maximum Limits of (For Men) Refractive Error : Hypermetropia : +2.0 d Sph, Manifest Myopia : Nil, Retinoscopic Myopia : -0.5 in any meridian permitted, Astigmatism : +0.75 D Cyl (with +2.0 D Max)
Visual Acuity Errors :
- Habitually wear spectacles are not eligible.
- Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6.
Colour Vision : CP-I
Age : 20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2018 i.e. Born between 02nd July, 1994 to 01st July, 1998. (Both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidate holding valid and current commercial pilot licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e Born between 02nd July, 1992 to 01st July, 1998 (Both dates inclusive).
Height & Weight (For Men) :
- Height : 162.5 cms, Leg Length : Min – 99 cms, Max – 120 cms. Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms, Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max-96 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to the height and age.
2. Branch & Course No. : Ground Duty (Non-technical) Meteorology 203/18G/PC/M 203/18G/SSC/M&W
Educational Qualification : Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/Mathematics/Statistics/ Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment/Geo-physics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
Maximum Limits of (For Men) Refractive Error : Hypermetropia : +3.5 D Sph Myopia : -3.5 D Sph Astigmatism : ± 2.50 D Cyl in any meridian.
Visual Acuity Errors : Corrected visual acuity should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/18 in the worse eye. Wearing of Glasses will be compulsory.
Colour Vision : CP-II
Age : 20 to 26 years as on 01st July, 2018 i.e. Born between 02nd July, 1992 to 01st July, 1998 (both dates inclusive).
Height & Weight (For Men) :
- Height : The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. (For Gorkhas and individual belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height will be by 2 cms less. Applicable to men ).
- Weight : Proportionate to the height and age.
*Criteria for post LASIK surgery for Flying and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branch are as follows :
- Candidates who have undergone PRK (Photo Refractive Keratotomy)/LASIK (Laser in Situ Keratotomileusis) may be considered fit for commissioning in Air Force Duties.
- Post PRK/LASIK candidates must meet the visual requirements required for the branch as laid down in Para 22.214.171.124 IAP 4303 (4th edition).
- The following criteria must be satisfied prior to selecting post-PRK/LASIK at the time of Air Force Medical Examination.
- PRK/LASIK surgery should not have been carried out before the age 20 years.
- The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.
- Atleast 12 months should have elapsed post uncomplicated stable PRK/LASIK with no history or evidence of any complication.
- The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not less than 450 microns.
- Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded.
- Radial Keratotomy (RK) surgery for correction of refractive errors are not permitted for any Air Force duties. Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be declared unfit.
Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses commencing in July 2018 provided they fulfil the following conditions :
- Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Post Graduation in aggregate in all papers put together for Met branch and minimum of 60% marks in Graduation/BE/B Tech/AMIE/ASI for Flying branch upto the last semester/year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of applying/AFSB.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate issued by University latest by 15th June, 2018.
Type of Commission in IAF 2018
3. Short Service Commission :
- The Engagement period for SSC flying branch is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
- The initial tenure for SSC officers in Meteorology Branch would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, suitability, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
Indian Air Force Meteorology Commissioned Officers Selection Procedure 2018
All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.
The testing would consist of three stages as given below :
- Stage-I Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branch applied for. Candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview would commence after document check for the next five days.
- For Flying Brach Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to recommended candidates only. This is once in a lifetime test. Candidates who have failed the CPSS/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
Change of IAF Interview Dates : Request for change of AFSB interview date should be avoided. However, as an exception, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. Request for such change should be forwarded to the respective AFSB from where the call letter was issued. The AFSB may consider change of date at their discretion.
Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB. Non reporting of candidates on allotted date for medical could lead to cancellation of candidature.
Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training if the candidates qualify in the final merit list, depending on the number of vacancies available in branch. Grant of PC/SSC in Flying & Meteorology branch would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates.
No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders for Meteorology branch.
Onus of meeting the eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely undergoing AFSB testing would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for IAF Meteorology Course for Men 2018
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “Candidate Login” in the career website of IAF www.careerairforce.nic.in, further click on Meteorology Branch Entry or NCC Flying Branch Entry as per your eligibility and follow the instructions thereon. You are advised to note down registration number for future correspondence. Candidates are advised to read the notification and the detailed guidelines for filling up online application as given in the website www.careerairforce.nic.in prior to commencement of filling up online applications.
While filling online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available, as details are to be filled as per matriculation and other educational certificates. Save your recent colour passport size photograph (size 10 to 50 KB) in the computer for uploading it with your online application form. Please note that utmost care needs to be taken while filling up the online application. In case any information is found to be incorrect, the candidature is likely to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Submission of more than one application will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates may contact on Toll free number 1800-11-2448 or Phone No 011-23010231 Extn 7610, 7645 or 7646 to resolve any query regarding online application procedure. Query timings are 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs (Monday to Friday). E-Mail queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in Defence Services shall not be eligible to apply and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates who have withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
Serving Airmen Are required to apply online at par with other candidates. In addition, Airmen candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 11/2015 through service channel. Other government employees also need to apply online after obtaining necessary permission from their concerned departments and they are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
Indian Air Force Training 2018
Training is scheduled to commence in the First week of July 2018. Duration of training for Flying and Meteorology branch is 74 weeks and 52 weeks respectively at Air Force Academy.
After admission to the Air Force Academy, candidates will not be considered for any other commission. They will also not be permitted to appear for any interview or examination after they have been finally selected for training in the Air Force Academy. No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
IAF Offers You
IAF Pay and Allowances 2017 : A Flying Officer will be entitled to Pay Level 10 in Pay Matrix of VIIth CPC and Military Service Pay. Dearness, Kit Maintenance & Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty/ place of posting and would include Flying, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Special Force, Siachin, Island Special Duty, Area and Remote Locality.
Benefits in IAF 2018 : In addition to the Pay and Allowances, officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen and Officers’ Mess facilities and many more. LTC and Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual) subject to service exigency.
IAF Insurance 2018 : 75 Lakh Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of 10 Lakh (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
Travel Allowance (TA) : To and fro travelling fare by the shortest route of AC-III Tier / AC Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in AFSB for the first time will be reimbursed. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket/bus ticket (hard copy) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
Important Instructions for Applying IAF Commissioned Officer in Meteorology Course 2018
In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into 10 points scale and multiplied by 10 to get equivalent percentage.
Candidates are required to maintain their unique E-Mail IDs active throughout the selection process.
Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried (term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
Candidates must carry call letter and a valid photo identity card such as passport, aadhaar card, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for Interview at Air Force Selection Board. The onus is on the candidate to produce the valid proof of identity which authenticates name and the date of birth mentioned in call letter.
The candidature for the courses commencing in July 2018 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15th June, 2018.
PAN Card and Aadhar card are mandatory to join AFA.
Online modification of submitted applications may be carried out for name (spelling) and address only on 01st and 02nd September, 2017. Please note that information filled up by the candidates in online application form will be considered final and no amendments will be allowed subsequently. Mismatch of date of birth of candidate as mentioned in application with the documents will render candidate ineligible.
Use of mobile phones inside AFSBs is prohibited.
Candidates would be given joining instructions for joining AFA. No other intimation would be given till final merit list is prepared. A candidate would have to make it in the final cut off merit list after completion of written tests, AFSB recommendations and medical examination, to be eligible for joining Indian Air Force.
Physical Conditioning : Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF/Government of India will be final.
Statutory Warning : Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.