Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty Branches Jan 2014 – Also view for : IAF FTS Selection
Indian Air Force offers excellent opportunities for Graduates / Post Graduates ( Men & Women ) to join as Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty Branches through Fast Track Selection at Delhi ( NCR ).
Indian Air Force will conduct Fast Track Selection ( FTS ) at Delhi on 14 September 2013 for short listing of Men and Women candidates for SSB interview for Flying and Ground Duty Branches as per the details mentioned below. Training of the finally selected candidates will commence in January 2014.
Details of IAF FTS Venue with Date 2013
|Place||Centre||Date||Time of Registration|
|Delhi ( NCR )||Amity University Sector 125 Taj |
Express Highway Noida-201303
|14 Sep 13||0800 Hrs to 1100 Hrs|
2. Candidates ( Men & Women ) having following qualifications are eligible to appear for the selection drive as per the procedure mentioned in succeeding paragraphs.
Eligibility Conditions for IAF Commissioned Officers 2013
3. Flying Branch : Course No. 13 SSC ( Men ) & 42 SSC ( Women )
- Age Limit for IAF Flying Branch Course 2013 : ( As on 01 Jan 2014 ) : 19 to 23 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1991 to 01 Jan 1995 ( Both dates inclusive ). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA ( India ) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. Born between 02 Jan 1989 to 01 Jan 1995 ( Both dates inclusive ).
- IAF Flying Branch Educational Qualification : Graduate ( Minimum three years degree course ) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level or B.E / B.Tech degree ( Four year course ) from a recognised University with minimum 60 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
4. Ground Duty Branches : Course No. 135 GDOC PC, 28 SSC ( Men ) & 44 SSC ( Women )
- Age Limit for IAF Ground Duty Branches 2013 : ( As on 01 January 2014 )
IAF Qualifications Age Limit Born Between ( both dates inclusive ) For Graduates 20 to 23 Years 02 January 1991 to 01 January 1994 For Post Graduates / LLB ( Five Years Integrated course ) 20 to 25 Years 02 January 1989 to 01 January 1994 For LLB ( Three years course after Graduation ) 20 to 26 Years 02 January 1988 to 01 January 1994 For M.Ed / Ph.D / CA / ICWA 20 to 27 Years 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1994
- IAF Ground Duty Branch Educational Qualifications :
Branch Qualification Administration & Logistics Graduate Degree ( Minimum three year degree course ) in any discipline with a minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate of all papers put together or a Post Graduate Degree / equivalent Diploma in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate of all papers put together. Accounts Graduate Degree in Commerce ( B.Com ) ( Minimum three year degree course ) with a minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate of all papers put together or Post Graduate Degree in Commerce ( M.Com ) / CA / ICWA with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate of all papers put together. Education Post Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
5. Meteorology Branch : Course No. 135 GDOC PC, 28 SSC ( Men ) & 44 SSC ( Women )
- Age Limit for IAF Meteorology Branch 2013 : 20-25 Years as on 01 January 2014 i.e born in between 02 January 1989 to 01 January 1994. The upper age limit is relaxed upto 27 Years ( i.e born in between 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1994 ) for candidates who have completed Ph.D after completing following educational qualifications.
- IAF Meteorology Branch Educational Qualifications : Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together ( Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both ).
Application Procedure for IAF Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty Branch Course Jan 2014
6. IAF Registration 2014 : On the spot registration will take place between 0800 hours to 1100 hours on 14 September 2013 at the venue. No candidate will be accepted after 1100 hours.
7. Candidates are required to report at the venue with the following documents :
- Two copies of pre-filled FTS Admit Card ( on A4 size paper ) as per format given in this advertisement.
- Original certificate and Mark sheet of class X th ( as proof of date of birth ) and class XIIth.
- Original certificate and Mark sheets ( all semesters / years ) of Graduation / Post Graduation.
- Proof of identity such as Passport, Driving Licence, Voter Identity Card, College Identity Card or any other valid photo identity proof.
- Three recent colour passport size photographs.
- Hardboard and writing material for AFCAT examination.
8. Registration Numbers will be allotted and marked on the FTS Admit Card. Format of FTS Admit Card is appended below can also be downloaded from career website of the Indian Air Force i.e. www.careerairforce.nic.in
9. AFCAT : All eligible candidates other than Met Branch will undergo AFCAT at the venue. Result of AFCAT will be declared immediately after the test. All successful candidates will then undergo Phase- I Test ( Picture Perception and Discussion Test ) either on the same day or on subsequent day(s). All Phase-I qualified candidates will undergo a detailed document check to ascertain eligibility and thereafter will be issued call letters for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards ( AFSBs ) at Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi or Gandhinagar. AFCAT will not be conducted for Met Branch and candidate will undergo Phase-I Testing after registration.
10. No Travel allowance is permissible for appearing at the FTS.
11. Candidates who had undergone ( five day testing ) or are scheduled to undergo SSB testing for 13 SSC ( Men ) / 42 SSC ( Women ) / 135 GDOC PC ( Men ) / 28 SSC ( Men ) / 44 SSC ( Women ) and 135 GDOC PC / 28 SSC ( Men ) & 44 SSC ( Women ) Met Courses are not eligible to appear for this FTS.
12. Onus of meeting the eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely participating in FTS / SSB Interview would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements.
- Indian Air Force SSB recommended candidates who do not feature in the selected merit list for Flying / GDOC Branches may be considered for other branches on case to case basis subject to vacancies and their meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who have failed in PABT at any earlier attempt are not eligible for Flying Branch.
- All candidates would need to submit original / provisional certificates and mark sheets latest by 15 Dec 2013, failing which the candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Airmen are not eligible to apply through FTS.
- Candidates appearing in FTS should not have any present backlog.
- Candidates appearing for Flying Branch only will be routed back without further testing, if failed in PABT.
13. This is an abridged advertisement. For detailed terms and conditions / eligibility criteria, please refer Indian Air Force advertisement released in Employment News dated 08 Dec 2012 and 12 Jan 2013 ( for Met Branch ) or log on to IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in
14. Disclaimer : Information given in the IAF advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing rules and regulations of Indian Air Force / Govt. of India will be final.