Indian Air Force SSC Selection Procedure for Men
7. All applicants whose IAF SSC applications have been received by due date will be called for Air Force Entrance Test (AFET) to be conducted on 27 March 2011 (Sunday) at one of the IAF SSC examination centres mentioned below. The entrance test will be of two hours duration and will-contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and aptitude. Once finalised, the details of short listed candidates based on Air Force Entrance Test, would be displayed in Air Force career website www.careerairforce.nic.in
8. Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of Air Force Entrance Test (AFET) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore or Varanasi. The testing would consist of three stages as given below.
(a) Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP & DT) will be conducted on the first day. Stage I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. The candidates who qualify Stage testing would be required to fill up a detailed IAF SSC application form on the basis of which a Document check would be carried out to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in stage testing or do not posses the required IAF SSC qualifications would be sent back on the first day itself.
(b) Stage II testing consisting of IAF SSC Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Four Days).
(c) Candidates recommended after stage II testing would be administered the following branch specific-tests based on their eligibility/ choice of branches.
(i) Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT) ( For Flying Branch).
(ii) Engineering Knowledge Test ( EKT) ( For Technical Branch).
9. Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or 1AM Bengaluru based on the eligibility of the candidate and recommendations at AFSB.
10. Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training in the order of all India Merit list depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches / sub branches. Grant of PC / SSC in Technical and Ground Duty Branches would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice of the candidate.
11. No compensation will be paid in respect of any Injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
12.10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders.
13. Onus of meeting the eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely undergoing Air Force Entrance Test / SSB testing would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements
IAF SSC Application Form
14. If you meet the eligibility criteria, download the IAF SSC application format from IAF SSC website www.careerairforce.nic.in. complete the columns in the application in English (Block Capitals) and send the same by Post to the address as per First Choice of Centre for IAF SSC written examination of Air Force Entrance Test (AFET). Alternately, the application can be typed or handwritten (in Block Capitals) as per the format given in the advertisement in A4 size paper.
Indian Air Force SSC Application must reach the concerned Command HQ on or before last date for receipt of IAF SSC applications. Details of Air Force Entrance Test (AFET) centres and addresses where application should be forwarded are appended below :
|AFET Centres||Application to be Forwarded to|
|Palam (New Delhi), Rajokrl (New Delhi) , Arjangarh (New Delhi), Hindon (Ghaziabad), Ambala, Chandigarh, Pathankot, Nal (Bikaner), Jammu, Sirsa.||Command Education Officer,
HQ Western Air Command,
IAF, Subroto Park, New Delhi -110 010. Tele : (011) - 25687194
|Allahabad, Agra, Gorakhpur, Memoura (Lucknow), Bareilly, Bihta (Patna)||Command Education Officer,
HQ Central Air Command,
Allahabad - 211 012 .(Uttar Pradesh).
Tele : (0532) - 2233261
Extn- 5406 & 5419
|Guwahati, Jorhat, Barackpore (Kolkata), Kalaikunda (Kharagpur), Hashimara||Command Education Officer,
HQ Eastern Air Command,
IAF, PO - Nonglyer, Shillong - 739 009.
(Meghalaya). Tele : (0364) - 2561461-67
Extn - 3423,3472 4 3473
|Nagpur, Ojhar (Nasik)||Command Education Officer,
HQ Maintenance Command,
IAF, Vayu Sena Nagar,
Nagpur - 440 007.
Tele : (0712) - 2512771 -75
Extn- 2253 & 2256
|Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Jodhpur||Command Education Officer,
HQ South Western Air Command,
Gandhi Nagar - 382 009.
Tele : (079) - 23242600
Extn- 5540 & 5535
|Jallahalli West (Bengaluru), Jallahalli East (Bengaluru), Yelahanka (Bengaluru), Belgaum, Bidar, Begumpet (Secunderabari), Hakimpet (Secunderabad), Tambaram (Chennai), Avadi (Chennai), Coimbatore||Command Education Officer,
HQ Training Command, IAF, JC Nagar,
P.O. Hebbal, Bengaluru - 560 006.
Tele : (080) - 23411061
Extn - 4336 & 4335
|Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Sulur (Coimbatore)||Commands Education Officer,
HQ Southern Air Command, IAF, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 031.
Tele : (0471) 2551361
Note I :
Candidates are to contact Command Education Officer of the relevant Command to resolve any query regarding Air Force Entrance Test (AFET). Query timings 07:30 Sirs to 13:30 hrs (Monday to Friday).
Note 2 :
No queries / correspondence will be entertained regarding late receipt / non receipt or incomplete / non eligible / illegible applications.
15. Superscribe the envelope with ‘Application for Air Force Entrance Test : 27 March 2011′.
16. Final allotment of AFET Centre will be at the discretion of Command Headquarters.
17. IAF SSC Application must be accompanied with the following.
(a) One self addressed envelope (size – 23×10 cm) with 27/- postage stamp.
(b) One self addressed envelope (size – 23×10 cm) with 5/- postage stamp.
(c) Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the ones pasted on the application form & admit card.
18. Air Warriors and other government employees need to apply through proper channel Training.
19. IAF SSC Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of Jan 2012 for all courses except UES – 2012 which would commence in Jul 2012.
20. The duration of Indian Air Force SSC training for Flying and Technical Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground duty Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
IAF Offers You
21. IAF SSC Pay and Allowance :
(a) The Pay scale criteria as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Flying Officer||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Flight Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Squadron Leader||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6600|
|Wing Commander||PB-4A / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Group Captain||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8700||6000|
|Air Commodore||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8900||6000|
|Air Vice Marshal||PB-4 / 37400-67000||10000||NIL|
|Air Marshal||PB-4 / 37400-67000||12000||NIL|
|Air Marshal |
(C-in-C / VCAS / PSO)
|80,000 / Fixed||NIL||NIL|
(b) The pay would include pay in pay band, Grade pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition the other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty / place of posting and would include. Flying Allowance, Technical Allowance, Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachen Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer Allowance, Hard Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance.
For UES entry additionally, retrospective payment of 12 months basic pay of Flying Officer rank is payable in lumpsum on successful completion of training.
22. Benefits :
Well Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual), supply of entitled rations, canteen & Officers’ Mess facilities and many more.
23 Insurance :
50 Lakh Insurance Cover (on contribution) as applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of 3.5 Lakh is also applicable to Flying Branch Officers.