IAF Airmen in Group Y ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF ( P ) and Musician ) Trades Selection Test 2014
Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Male candidates for Selection Test in April / May 2014 to join as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF ( P ) and Musician ) Trades.
1. Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Male Indian citizens ( citizens of Nepal are also eligible ) for Selection Test in April / May 2014 to join as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF ( P ) and Musician ) Trades. The Selection Test is not for selection as Commissioned Officers / Pilots / Navigators.
Eligibility Criteria for IAF Airmen Group Y Trades 2014
2. IAF Airmen Group Y Educational Qualification
- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream / subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. Or
- Two year Vocational Course affiliated / recognised by CBSE / State Education Boards / Councils duly recognised at par with 10+2 by AIU with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate / Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.Note : Exact aggregate percentage of marks upto first place of decimal for all subjects as mentioned in the Marks Sheet of Intermediate / 10+2 / equivalent Diploma ( For example, 49.9% should not be rounded off to 50% ).
3. Date of Birth Block :
- Candidate should be born between 01 February 1994 to 30 November 1997 ( both days inclusive ).
- Upper age limit on date of enrolment is 21 years.
4. President, Central Airmen Selection Board reserves the right to shortlist the applications on the basis of available vacancies and number of eligible applicants by cut off percentage.
5. Medical Standards for IAF Airmen Group Y Trades 2014 :
(a) General Medical Standards for Group ‘Y’ ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF ( P ) and Musician ) Trades are as follows :
- Height : Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms.
- Chest : Minimum range of expansion : 5 cm.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age.
- Corneal Surgery ( PRK / LASIK ) is not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- Health : Candidate should be free from medical or surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidate must be physically and mentally Fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
(b) Colour Vision and Visual Standards for Group ‘Y’ ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF (P) and Musician ) Trades are as follows :
|Trades||Colour Vision||Visual Acuity||Maximum limits of Ref Error|
|Ops Assistant||CP-II||6/12 each eye correctable to 6/6 each eye||Hypermetropia +2.0 D Myopia -1 D including + 0.50 Astigmatism|
|Admin Assistant, Account Assistant, Medical Assistant and Logistic Assistant||CP-III||6/36 each eye correctable to 6/9 each eye.||Not exceeding + 3.50 D including Astigmatism.|
|Environmental Support Services Assistant ( ESSA ), Meteorological Assistant and Communication Technician||CP-II|
- Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp and registration number of Eye Specialist.
- Candidates are advised to get tartar and stains removed from teeth before appearing for the Written Test. Ears should be free of wax.
6. Candidate discharged from the Indian Air Force / Indian Navy / Indian Army or dismissed from any Government Organisation for any reason earlier is not to apply.
Terms and Conditions for IAF Airmen Group Y Trades 2014
7. Tenure & Training : Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years. Initially candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training ( JBPT ) at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum ( Karnataka ). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for trade training of specified durations. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. After successful completion of training, the Airmen will be deployed on Ground based jobs as per their allotted trades ( Job Specifications given in Paragraph 8 below ). Allotted trade will not be changed on candidate’s request / any grounds.
8. Job Specification : IAF Group ‘Y’ ( Except Auto Tech, GTI, IAF ( P ) and Musician ) trades involve jobs like :
- Admin Assistant : As an Admin Assistant you will maintain and analyse records, files, information of personnel. You will also manage ration supplies, cook houses and Messes.
- Accounts Assistant : As an Accounts Assistant you will record and manage accounting of pay and allowances, equipment, logistics transactions, public fund and cash flow etc.
- Logistics Assistants : As a Logistic Assistant, you are involved in the procurement, storage and handling inventory control as well as accounting of Military Stores.
- Environment Support Services Assistant ( ESSA ) : This job involves maintenance of the firefighting section. It also requires that you ensure the upkeep of hygiene of Air Force Campus.
- Communication Technician : As a Communication Technician you will operate, service and maintain all types of state of the art communication devices, telephone exchange and radio equipment.
- Meteorological Assistant : If you are a Meteorological Assistant, you are trained to undertake weather observation and to maintain meteorological instruments. You are also responsible for plotting of charts, taking balloon observations and compilation of weather summaries.
- Ops Assistant : As an Ops Assistant, you will operate various systems of Air Traffic Control Centre, Air Field and Air Defence System. You will be trained in operation of Radars, Display Units, reporting and tracking procedures of Airborne Weapon Systems etc.
- Medical Assistant : As a Medical Assistant you are made familiar with nursing and first-aid. You are also involved in Management of Medical Stores, Dispensaries and Ward Supervision.
Pay & Allowances and Perquisites for IAF Airmen 2014
9. Monthly Pay : During training, a stipend of 8,550/-per month will be paid. On completion of training the starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Dearness Allowance ( DA ), will be 19,475/- per month ( approximately ) which, in subsequent years, may rise up to 36,784/- per month ( approximately ) depending upon the rank attained.
10. Allowances : In addition to the above, various allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance ( CPMA ), Leave Ration Allowance ( LRA ), High Altitude Allowance, Field Area / Modified Field Area Allowance, Family Planning Allowance, House Rent allowance ( HRA ) etc. are also admissible to airmen.
11. Perquisites : Perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical facilities, Accommodation, CSD ( Canteen ) facilities, Leave ( 60 days Annual and 30 days Casual in a Calendar Year as a privilege ), Education concession to children, Recreational facilities, Free transport for school going children and Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ) are also provided as per the existing rules. Not withstanding the above, Group Insurance Cover of 25,00,000/- at a premium of 1,730/- per month, is covered for all airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme is also extended. Other facilities by Air Force Wives Welfare Association ( AFWWA ) are also extended to families of airmen.
Career Progression and Post Retirement Benefits
12. Promotion : Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Warrant Officer ( MWO ). Opportunities to become a Commissioned Officer also exist for those airmen who qualify the prescribed examinations, later during their service career.
13. Post Retirement Benefits : Pension, Gratuity, Leave Encashment, Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme ( ECHS ) and CSD ( Canteen ) facilities comprise some of the post retirement benefits. Specialised Pre-Release Courses ( PRC ) are also arranged to enable airmen to take up post retirement careers. In addition, airmen also get relaxation in age and reservation in Government services as Ex-servicemen.
Selection Procedure for IAF Airmen Group Y Trades 2014
14. Written Test : Admit Cards to eligible candidates will be despatched in the month of March / April 2014 for the examination centres listed at paragraph 19. Candidates will be tested in English as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE and Reasoning and General Awareness ( RAGA ). Question papers will be objective type and bilingual ( English & Hindi ), except English Paper. Duration of Written Test will be 45 minutes. Candidates are to qualify in each paper separately. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
15. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) : All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
16. Interview : Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Interview is normally conducted in English. Working knowledge of English is thus essential.
17. Medical Examination : Candidates who qualify in the interview will be medically examined. Medical Examination will be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per Indian Air Force Medical Standards as applicable on the day of the Medical Examination.
18. General instructions for candidates are as follows :
- Candidates must indicate three choices of the examination centre in order of preference. However, Central Airmen Selection Board reserves the right to allot any centre other than those mentioned in the application.
- Request for change of examination centre or date of Selection Test will not be entertained.
- Candidates not reporting for the test on due date and time will not be accommodated on other dates / shifts.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own arrangement. No TA / DA will be admissible.
- Upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
19. Examination Centres : Ambala, New Delhi, Kanpur, Barrackpore, Jodhpur, Tambaram ( Chennai ), Bihta ( Patna ), Secunderabad and Bhopal.
( Note : Examination Centres would be activated depending upon the response of candidates and testing capacity ).
20. Application for IAF Airman Group Y Trades 2014
Application should be in A4 size paper only. Non-standard application formats will be rejected. The following are to be sent along with the application :
- Attested photo copy of Matriculation Passing Certificate in support of Date of Birth.
- Attested photo copy of Matriculation Marks Sheet ( only applicable for Vocational Course Holders when English is not a subject in Vocational Course ).
- Attested photo copies of Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Marks Sheet and Passing Certificate or Marks Sheets and Passing Certificate of two year Vocational Course.
Note : Sl No. (a) to (c) are required to be attested by a Gazetted Officer and also to be self-attested.
- Three copies of unattested recent ( taken on or after 11 January 2014 ) passport size colour photograph ( front portrait without headgear except for Sikhs ), One of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form. The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his Name, Date of Birth and Date of photograph clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters. Photographs should be only on good quality “Photo Paper”. ( Six photographs required during test ).
- One unstamped self addressed 24 cm x 10 cm White envelope of good quality, stapled / pinned with the application form.
- Son of Air Force Personnel ( SOAFP ) / Discharge Certificate is to be attached with the application ( if applicable ).
Note : Internet copy of Marks Sheets, Transfer Certificate, NCC Certificate, Sports Certificates, OBC / SC / ST Certificate, Domicile / Nativity Certificate are not ( Repeat ) not to be attached along with the application.
21. Candidates are to bring with them the following at the time of IAF Airmen examination 2014 :
- Original Matriculation Passing Certificate with three attested photo copies of the same for verification of Date of Birth.
- Original Matriculation Marks Sheet with three attested photo copies of the same ( only applicable for Vocational Course Holders when English is not a subject in Vocational Course ).
- Original Passing Certificate and Marks Sheet of Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination with three attested photo copies of each Or Original two year Vocational Course Passing Certificate and Marks Sheets with three attested photo copies of each.
- Four copies of their colour photographs which was submitted at the time of application.
- NCC Certificate ( A,B or C only ), if applicable ( Original & three photo copies ).
- Son of Air Force Personnel ( SOAFP ) Certificate / Discharge Book, if applicable ( Original & one photo copy ).
- HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpner, Stapler, Gum tube and Black / Blue Ball Point Pen.
- Admit Card :
Note : Candidates not in receipt of Admit Cards, due to postal delays, could download the list bearing his name and approach the designated Airmen Selection Centre ( ASC ) along with the required documents listed above and proof of identity for taking the Written Test. At the ASC such candidates would be required to prove their identity positively, failing which they shall not be allowed in the Examination Hall. Candidates are advised to carry sufficient proof while arriving at the ASC on the designated date. Decision of CO ASC would be final and no further queries / complaints would be entertained on the issue.
22. Central Airmen Selection Board ( CASB ) will not entertain any query on applications.
23. Last date for receipt of applications at the Central Airmen Selection Board is 27 January 2014 including candidates from North Eastern Region ( Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura ), Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands. Applications should be sent to the Post Box Address as mentioned below by Ordinary post only. Applications sent by Registered / Speed Pos / Courier will not ( Repeat ) not be accepted.
Central Airmen Selection Board,
Post Box No. 11807,
New Delhi – 110 010.
Note 10 :
- Indian Air Force will not be responsible for any postal delay / loss of any document during transit.
- Candidate should submit only one application in response to this advertisement.
- Candidature of those candidates submitting more than one application will be rejected.
24. All India Select List ( AISL ) : The AISL list will be prepared after the completion of Selection Test, same will be displayed at all the Airmen Selection Centres ( ASCs ) and Indian Air Force website on 31 October 2014.
The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the Exam. Inclusion of name in the All India Select List ( AISL ) does not guarantee automatic enrolment. Enrolment is strictly in order of merit from the AISL subject to Medical Fitness, Availability of Vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment.