Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive ( General Service / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches ( General Service / Submarine ) Jan 2017 Course – Indian Navy SSC Officer Selection
The Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch ( General Service / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branch ( General Service / Submarine ) Jan 2017 Course.
1. Applications are invited from unmarried Men candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in Executive Branch ( General Services / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches GS/SUB of the Indian Navy for Jan 2017 Course at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Indian Navy SSC Officers Eligibility Conditions 2016
2. Age Limit for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2016 : The candidates applying for the above entries must be aged between 19½ and 25 years i.e. the candidate must be born between 02 Jan 1992 and on 01 Jul 1997, both dates inclusive.
3. Indian Navy SSC Officers Educational Qualifications 2016 : Candidates must have completed BE / B.Tech Degree from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams :
|Sl.No.||Branch / Cadre||Eligible Streams of BE / B. Tech.||Minimum (%)|
|a.||Executive ( GS / Hydro Cadre )||BE / B. Tech ( Any discipline )||60%|
|Technical Branch ( General Service )|
|b.||Engineering (E) Branch||i. Mechanical ii. Marine iii. Automotive iv. Mechatronics v. Industrial & Production vi. Metallurgy vii. Aeronautical / Aerospace viii. BS Marine Engineering||60%|
|c.||Electrical (L) Branch||i. Electrical ii. Electronics iii. Tele Communication iv. Instrumentation v. Instrumentation and Control Engineering vi. Electronics and Instrumentation vii. Electronics and Communication viii. Power Engineering ix. Control System|
x. Power Electronics
|Technical Branch ( Submarine Specialisation )|
|d.||Engineering Branch||i. Mechanical ii. Marine iii. Automotive iv. Mechatronics v. Industrial & Production vi. Metallurgy vii. Aeronautical / Aerospace viii. BS Marine Engineering ix. Instrumentation x. Instrumentation & Control xi. Automation & Robotics xii. Industrial Engineering & Management xiii. Production Engineering||55%|
|e.||Electrical Branch||i. Electrical ii. Electronics iii. Control iv. Telecommunication v. Instrumentation vi. Power Engineering vii. Electronics & Communication viii. Control System ix. Power Electronics||55%|
- Only one application form is to filled up.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre should mention the priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
- Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (b) & (c) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialization / appointed as Air Technical Officer by IHQ MoD ( Navy ).
4. Indian Navy SSC Officers Physical Standards 2016
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for male – 157 cm, female – 152 cm with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight :
S.No. Branch / Specialisation Eye Sight Without Glasses With Glasses (i) Executive (GS) / Hydro Cadre 6/12
(ii) Technical ('E' & L') ( General Service / Submarine ) 6/24
Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities / from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment websitewww.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
The Navy Offers You
5. Promotions & Pay Scale for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2016 : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :-
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
6. Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To Whom Granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in Rs )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||3000 - 7250/ pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||2700/ pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||13500 - 21000/ pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||13500 - 21000/ pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||600 / 1200/ pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||6300 - 7800/ pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||24,000 ( Initial grant ) & 7500 ( Every 3 yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of ( BP + GP + MSP )|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided with Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of Basic ( BP + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
7. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 74100/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance, Transport allowance, Ration Allowance and Kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change.
8. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
9. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 57 lakhs for Submarine Specialisation and 50 lakhs for Tech. Branch and Executive ( GS ) ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
10. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
11. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Short Service Commission
12. Short Service Commission in Submarine ( Elect / Engineering ) and Executive ( Hydro ) is granted for a term of 14 years. For GS ( Executive ), GS (E) / GS(L) – SSC is granted initially for 12 years extendable to 14 years subject to service requirement / performance and willingness of the candidates. Extension beyond 14 years is not permitted for any branches / specialisation.
Duties of Officer
13. Executive Officer / General Service : As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many high points and chief among them would be Command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and NBCD.
14. Hydrography Officer : Hydrography is one of the sub-specialisations of the Executive branch of the Indian Navy, which qualifies officers to undertake Hydrographic Surveys of uncharted Indian & foreign waters for production of nautical charts for safe navigation at sea. Hydrography not only contributes towards safety at sea, but also plays a big role in successful completion of various coastal / offshore developmental projects. It is a highly challenging and satisfying discipline.
15. Tech ( GS ) Branch : ‘As a Technical officer you would be responsible for keeping the naval ships and aircraft fighting fit at all times. Technical officers handle state of the art weapons ( Gunnery, Missiles and Anti Submarine ) and propulsion systems ( Gas Turbines, Diesel and Steam Engine ). Selected technical officers are also deputed for M Tech from prestigious academic institutes like IITs / IISC. Opportunities for handling projects involving high end technologies are also provided to Technical Officers’.
16. Tech ( Submarine Specialisation ) : ‘As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi-tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power. On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy’.