Indian Army Medical Corps ( AMC ) Recruitment as Short Service Commissioned Officer 2013
Join Indian Army Medical Corps 2013 as Short Service Commissioned ( SSC ) Officer for a promising and challenging career.
Applications for Indian Army Medical Corps 2013 are invited from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final MBBS examination in first or second attempt and completed internship, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army Medical Corps. Applicants who have taken more than two chances in final MBBS Examination need not apply.
Vacancies in Army Medical Corps 2013 : 200
Indian Army Medical Corps Qualifications 2013 : The applicant must possess medical qualification included in First / Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council / MCI. Post graduate degree holders i.e. MD / MS / MCh / DM may also apply.
Note : Candidates who will be completing internship by 31 Mar 2013 may also apply.
Indian Army Medical Corps Age Limit 2013 : The candidate must not have attained 45 years of age on 31 Dec 2013.
Method of Selection in Indian Army AMC 2013 : Eligible candidates will be called for Indian Army Medical Corps 2013 interview by a Board of Officers in the month of April-May 2013 at Army Hospital ( Research & Referral ) New Delhi near Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Cantt. to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The candidates appearing for interview for the first time will be paid to and fro sleeper-class railway / bus fare.
Employability : Being a Medical officer of Armed Forces Medical Services, the candidate on grant of commission is liable to be employed as per service requirement in any part of country or abroad, in Army, Navy or Air Force. They may have to work independently in the units allotted to them.
Emoluments : Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the rank of Captain ( or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force ) in the scale of 17160 – 39100 plus Grade pay 6100/- plus Military Service Pay ( MSP ) 6000/-, Non – practicing allowance at the rate of 25% of the Basic Pay ( Pay + Grade Pay + MSP ) and Dearness Allowance ( total emolument at minimum of Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately 70000/-pm ). In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided.
PG degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of 1000/- p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days Casual Leave in a year, Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ), free Medical Services for self & family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of 40 lakhs & Canteen Store Depot ( CSD ) facility etc.
Promotion For SSC Officer : SSC officers are commissioned as Capt on entry and are eligible for promotion upto the rank of Major ( or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force ) after four years of service as Capt and Lt Col ( or equivalent rank in Navy, Air Force ) after a total service of 11 years. A candidate who holds additional medical qualification of Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma ( MCI recognized ) prior to joining will be given antedate of seniority for three / two years respectively as per rules.
- For Fresh Candidates : The tenure of Indian Army AMC SSC officers is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to laid down eligibility criteria.
- For Ex AMC candidates :
- Candidates released from AMC service on expiry of initial contractual period of five years will only be considered for grant of recommission in AMC for second tenure.
- Candidates released after expiry of 10 years of SSC service will not be considered for grant of recommission in AMC for second spell of four years of extendable tenure.
Note : Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation / premature retirement will not be considered for recommission in AMC.
Permanent Commission Indian Army AMC SSC 2013 :
- On completion of 2 years service, SSC officers may apply for Departmental Permanent Commission as per existing rules and subject to fulfilling all the eligibility conditions as amended from time to time provided they have not attained the age as indicated below :
- MBBS – 30 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for Departmental Permanent Commission.
- Diploma – 31 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for Departmental Permanent Commission.
- Post Graduate – 35 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for Departmental Permanent Commission.
- Selection of SSC officers for grant of Departmental Permanent Commission is decided by a Selection Board duly constituted in the office of DGAFMS after holding interview of eligible SSC officers. The grant of Departmental Permanent Commission will be subject for availability of vacancies.
- The promotional avenues for the SSC Officers who are granted Permanent Commission are given below :
Major – 4 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Lt Col – 11 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Col – By Selection ( Approx. 20 to 22 years of service )
Brig – By Selection
Maj Gen – By Selection
Lt Gen – By SelectionProvision for PG CourseAn officer can apply for PG entrance examination on completion of 04 years of commissioned service ( subject to giving an undertaking to serve AFMS till 14 years of service ).
Physical & Medical Standard in Indian Army Medical Corps 2013 : Every candidate on his / her having been qualified in interview will be produced before a duly constituted Medical Board by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
Application Form for SSC in Indian Armed Medical Corps 2013 : Application on a good quality plain paper ( A4 size ) duly completed in all respects strictly on the prescribed proforma as per Indian Army 2013 advertisement alongwith attested copies of required documents should reach at the following address latest by 28th February 2013. For intimation of date of interview for Indian Army Medical Corps one self addressed envelope ( without postage stamp ) is to be sent by the candidates for correct postal delivery.
Office of the Director General,
Armed Forces Medical Services / DG-1A,
Ministry of Defence, ‘M’ Block,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Application Processing Fee ( APF ) for Indian Army Medical Corps ( AMC ) 2013 : Candidates are required to enclose a non refundable Demand Draft of any Nationalised Bank for 200/- ( Two Hundred only ) payable at New Delhi in favour of the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services ( APF Fund ). Candidates should write name & address on the reverse of demand draft. It is required to ensure that the demand draft bears code number of issuing Bank.