Indian Army Medical Corps ( AMC ) Recruitment as Short Service Commissioned Officer 2015
Join Indian Armed Forces Medical Services 2015 as Short Service Commissioned ( SSC ) Officer for a promising and challenging career. ( Only Online Registration are accepted ).
Registration for Online Application ( www.amcsscentry.gov.in ) will open on 09 March 2015 and will close on 31 March 2015
1. Indian Army invites Online application from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final MBBS ( Part I & II ) examination in first or second attempt and completed internship, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Corps. Applicants who have taken more than two chances in final MBBS ( Part I & II ) Examination are not eligible to apply.
Vacancies in Indian Army Medical Corps 2015 : 400 ( Four Hundred ).
Indian Army Medical Corps Qualifications 2015 : The applicant must possess medical qualification included in First / Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council / MCI. Post graduate degree / diploma holders e.g. MD / MS / MCh / DM / DNB / DLO / DOMS / DA may also apply.
Note : Only those candidates who have completed / will be completing their internship on or before 31 Mar 2015 need to apply.
Indian Army Medical Corps Age Limit 2015 : The candidate must not have attained 45 years of age on 31 Dec 2015.
Method of Selection in Indian Army AMC 2015 :
- Indian Army AMC Interview 2015 : Eligible candidates will be called for Indian Army Medical Corps 2015 interview by a Board of Officers in the month of April – May 2015 at New Delhi to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The candidates who qualify in the interview will be subjected to the Medical Examination tests. The candidates appearing for interview for the first time will be paid to and fro sleeper-class railway / bus fare.
- Physical & Medical Standards : Every candidate on being qualified in interview will be produced before a Medical Board duly constituted by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards. The proceedings are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ). Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB.
Candidates are advised to note that DGAFMS/DG-1A has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards ( AMB ) and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President AMB about procedure to challenge the findings of AMB. Candidates are also intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of approved medical documents. Pregnancy, if detected at any stage, after selection at interview or during pre-commission Medical Examination will render the candidate as unfit and hence debar the candidate from grant of commission.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical checkup for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, gynaecomastia, tonsillitis and varicocele before reporting for the SSC interview.
Merit List : It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in interview alongwith NCC background, if any. Those high in the merit list and figuring within the stipulated vacancies and are Medically Fit are issued joining instructions for commissioning as SSC officers.
Employability : Being a Medical officer of Armed Forces Medical Services, the candidate on grant of commission is liable to be employed as per service requirement in any part of country or abroad, in Army, Navy or Air Force. They may have to work independently in the units allotted to them.
Emoluments : Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the rank of Captain ( or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force ) in the scale of 17160 – 39100 plus Grade pay 6100/- plus Military Service Pay ( MSP ) 6000/-, Non – practicing allowance at the rate of 25% of the Basic Pay ( Pay + Grade Pay + MSP ) and Dearness Allowance ( total emolument at minimum of Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately 78000/-pm ). In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided.
PG degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of 1500/- p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days Casual Leave in a year, Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ), free Medical Services for self & family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of 40 lakhs & Canteen Store Depot ( CSD ) facility etc.
Promotion for AMC SSC Officer : SSC officers are commissioned as Capt on entry and are eligible for promotion upto the rank of Major ( or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force ) after four years of service and Lt Col ( or equivalent rank in Navy, Air Force ) after a total service of 11 years. A candidate who holds additional medical qualification of Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma ( MCI recognized ) prior to joining will be given antedate of seniority as per rules.
Tenure of Engagement :
- For Fresh Candidates : The tenure of Indian Army AMC SSC officers is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to availability of vacancies and meeting the laid down eligibility criteria for grant of extension as per extant policy.
- For Ex AMC candidates :
- Candidates released from AMC service on expiry of initial contractual period of five years will only be considered for grant of commission in AMC for second tenure.
- Candidates released after expiry of 10 years of SSC service will not be considered for grant of commission in AMC for second spell of four years of extendable tenure.
Note : Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation / premature retirement will not be considered for commission in AMC.
Departmental Permanent Commission Indian Army AMC SSC 2015 :
- SSC Officers if eligible and suitable in all respects will be considered for grant of Departmental Permanent Commission in accordance with the relevant rules, as amended from time to time.
- Selection of SSC officers for grant of Departmental Permanent Commission is decided by a Selection Board duly constituted in the office of DGAFMS after holding interview of eligible SSC officers. The grant of Departmental Permanent Commission will be subject for availability of vacancies.
- The promotional avenues for the SSC Officers who are granted Permanent Commission are given below :
Major – 4 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Lt Col – 11 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Col – By Selection ( Approx. 20 to 22 years of service )
Brig – By Selection
Maj Gen – By Selection
Lt Gen – By Selection
Provision for PG Course : In-service Professional career enhancement through PG course ( DNB only ), on selection between 4 – 7 years of service & between 7 – 10 years for PG course ( MD / MS ) at AFMS institutions other than AFMC as per extant TGC rules for which service liability to service upto 14 years exists. In addition SSC Officers after proceeding on release are eligible for PG seats ( MD / MS / DNB ) in Service institutions as per extant TGC rules with no service liability attached / attracted on conclusion of the said PG course.
Online Application Form for SSC in Indian Army Medical Corps 2015 : Indian Army AMC Application 2015 will be accepted online only at www.amcsscentry.gov.in. To do so the candidate needs to click on the “New Registration” button and follow the steps on the website.
Important Instructions for Strict Compliance :
1. The following Essential Certificates / documents should be scanned and uploaded :
- Passport size photograaph ( .jpeg, size- upto 100kb ).
- Scanned copy of class X ( matriculation ) certificate as a proof of date of birth ( .pdf, size upto 200 kb ).
2. Following self attested documents are required to be attached with the printout of the filled application form ( generated at the end of application process ) :
- Matriculation Certificate ( class X ) as a proof of date of birth.
- Permanent / Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- MBBS / PG Examination Degree / Certificate.
- Final MBBS ( Part I & II ) attempt certificate.
- No objection certificate from present employer, if any.
- Gazette notification or any other authority clearly highlighting your new name, if there is any change in the name after matriculation ( Class X ).
- NCC certificates A, B, C, if any.
- One self-addressed envelope ( Size 9×4 inches with duly affixed postage stamp for speed post ).
The form and documents should be forwarded to the following address within 10 days of the submission of online application form :
DGAFMS/DG-1A, Ministry of Defence,
‘M’ Block, Room No. 60, Church Road,
New Delhi – 110 001.
3. Application Processing Fee ( APF ) for Indian Army Medical Corps ( AMC ) 2015 : A fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred only ) will be charged from the applicants towards application processing. The requisite amount is required to be paid at the end of the application submission through Online payment ( internet banking / credit card / debit card ). No other mode of payment is accepted.