Indian Coast Guard Recruitment for Assistant Commandant 01 / 2014 Batch Selection Procedure – Indian Coast Guard AC Jobs
- Short listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test. Date / time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents :
- One copy of computer generated pre-filled online application.
- Original passing certificate and mark sheet of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Original mark sheet and certificates of 10+2 examination.
- Original certificate and mark sheets ( all semesters and years ) of B.E / B.Tech / Graduation as the case may be.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate ( if applicable ) in original as per Govt of India format.
- Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License ( approved by DGCA ) in original for Asst Comdt CPL entry only.
- Final Selection : The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Final Selection will consist of Psychologist test, Group Testing and Interview ( Personality test ).
- Medical : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD ( P / N ) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi / IAM Bangaluru.
- PABT : GD ( Pilot ) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT at Dehradun / Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling PIQ.
- Validity of Selection : The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Reasons for rejection : The Candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if :
- Having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria / conditions of education qualification, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- Indiscipline activities including copying etc. during any of the testing procedures.
- Merit List : Qualifying at the FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB. Medically fit candidates as per position in merit list, and available vacancies will be issued appointment letter and joining instruction for training. The number of vacancies vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments.
7. Medical Standards
- Height in Cms
- Asst Commandant ( GD ) and Technical : 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Asst Commandant General duty ( Women ) : 152 cms.
- Asst Commandant ( Pilot ) and Asst Commandant Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) holders for Short Service Appointment ( M / F ) : Min 162.5 cms and maximum 197 cms, leg length 99 cms.
- Weight Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Eye Sight
- Asst Commandant ( GD ) and Asst Comdt GD ( Women ) : 6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass; 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
- Asst Commandant GD ( P / N ) / CPL Holders SSA : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6.
- Asst Commandant ( Tech ) : 6/36 6/36–Uncorrected without Glass; 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
Note : Candidates with above broad medical guidelines standards only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standards of the officers will be the final authority in case of dispute.
8. Travel Allowance : Travel expenditure for SC / ST candidates who are not employed in the central / state govt. and if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of selection will be reimbursed second class rail fare, on production of original tickets.
9. General Guidelines
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 / 03 days for the Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangement.
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- No intimation will be given to the candidate in writing or verbally to submit fresh application / certificate / or any other required documents.
- Any change in the postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Registration number, name and course opted for.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the backside of the photo will not be entertained. All certificates and relevant document Xeroxed for verification along with original for PSB / FSB, must be duly attested by Gazzetted Officer ( Govt of India ).
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one centre, a few candidates may be allotted other centre.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular branch and examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinised for eligibility prior to each test and enrolment, and the candidature may be cancelled if not found eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
10. Indian Coast Guard Offers You
Pay : Assistant Commandant – 15600-39100 with Grade Pay 5400/-. The further promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks will be as follows :
|Rank||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Commandant ( JG )||15600-39100||7600|
- In addition to the pay there will be Dearness allowance, Kit Maintenance allowance and Transport allowance. Other allowances such as flying allowance, diving allowance, hard area, sea duty allowance, house rent etc. will be admissible based on nature of duty / place of posting. The CTC for an Assistant Commandant would be approx 75,000/- monthly.
- Other benefits :
- Entitled rations, medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 40 lakhs at a premium of 4000/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
11. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website is guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing rules and regulations of Indian Coast Guard / Government of India will be final.