Indian Coast Guard Recruitment for Assistant Commandant 02 / 2017 Batch Selection Procedure :
1. Indian Coast Guard AC Jobs 2017
6. ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure :
(a) Short listing of Applications : Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher %are received.
(b) Preliminary Selection : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Candidates are required to appear at the centre with the following documents :-
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application form with recent colour passport size photo affixed. (not older than 03 months).
- Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 10thclass.
- Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 12th class/equivalent.
- Original Degree Certificate with all semester / years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage marks from university.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Character certificate (should not older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Government of India format for OBC and State for SC/ST candidates. (format available in website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in).
- Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License (issued & validated by DGCA) in original and flying log book for Asst Commandant CPL entry only.
(aa) Candidates completed their Degree in 2016 must be in possession of Original / Provisional Degree issued by the University and Candidates completed their Degree in and before 2015 must be in possession of Original Degree issued by the University.
(ab) If not the candidate must be in possession of “Non issuance of Degree Certificate” issued / signed from the concerned University only. No candidates will be permitted to appear in PSB without above documents in Original.
(ac) The CGPA should be corroborated with 60% of the total marks as issued from the University.
(ad) No amendment/correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of online application form later on either during PSB or FSB.
(ae) All eligible candidates will undergo Biometric profiling.
(c) Final Selection : The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Final Selection Board will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
(d) Medicals : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi/ IAM, Bengaluru.
(e) PABT& CPSS : GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT and CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT& CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
(f) Validity of Selection : The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(g) Reasons for Rejection : The candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if
- Having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria/conditions of educational qualifications, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- Act of indiscipline activities including copying, cheating, malpractices or data recording during any of the testing procedures.
(h) Merit List : Recommendation in FSB does not confirm the final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of May 2017.
7. Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Medical Standards : As per laid down procedures, updated from time to time. However, broad guidelines are as follows,
(a) Height :
- Assistant Commandant (GD) and Technical : 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Government regulations.
- Assistant Commandant (Pilot) and Asst Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders for Short Service Appointment (Men/Women): Minimum Hight 162.5 cms, Minimum leg length 99 cms.
(b) Weight : Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
(c) Chest : Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
(d) Eye Sight :
- Assistant Commandant (GD) : 6/6 6/9–Uncorrected without Glass – 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
- Assistant Commandant GD (Pilot) : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other/CPL Holders SSA correctable to 6/6.
- Assistant Commandant (Tech) 6/36 6/36–Uncorrected without Glass – 6/6 6/6-Corrected with Glass.
- Assistant Commandant (Law) 6/60 6/60-Uncorrected without Glass – 6/6 6/12-Corrected with Glass
Note : The above-mentioned requirements are broad medical guidelines/standards only. However, in addition to above, some more medical standards are required and same will be examined/ tested during initial medical examination post FSB. (No waiver will be considered for the above standards).
8. Travel Allowance : Free boarding & lodging facility for the duration of FSB will be provided. To & Fro travelling fares by AC III Tier/AC Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in FSB for the first time will be reimbursed. No TA will be paid to candidates appearing for the screening/qualifying test i.e. Stage-I (Preliminary Selection Board)
9. Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant General Guidelines :
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 days for the Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut-off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call-up letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets or pen cameras are not permitted during any test, examinations, group discussion and interviews etc.
- Any change in the postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Registration number, name and branch opted for.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. All certificates and relevant documents photocopies for verification along with original for PSB/ FSB, must be duly attested.
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one centre, a few candidates may be allotted other centre.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to PSB and FSB. Enrolment and the candidature will be cancelled if not found eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/enrolment after a period of six months from the PSB date.
10. Indian Coast Guard Offers You :
(a) On joining Coast Guard you will be placed in basic pay 56100 (Pay level-10) as per 7th pay commission. The following Pay/Allowances would be applicable in a month on appointment as Assistant Commandant in Coast Guard,
|Pay in Pay Band ( Common to all Branches )||56100|
|Dearness Allowance as admissible as on time to time||--|
|Kit Maintenance Allowance||600|
|Flying allowance (For Pilots - on award of wings)||13500 - 21000 / month
|Diving allowance (For Divers - on successful completion of Diving course)||600 - 1200 / month|
In addition to the pay, other allowances will be admissible based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulations,
|Transport allowance||7000 ( Major City) / 3500 (Other City)|
|House Rent allowance (if not holding Government accommodation)||10% - 30% of Basic Pay as per the class of city|
|Sea Duty allowance||6600 - 7800 on basis of
|Outfit allowance||24000 initially and 7500 in every 03 years
Allowances mentioned above from serial (ii) to (ix) are as per 6th pay commission. Same are under revision in 7th pay commission.
Further promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as follows,
|Rank||Pay Level (PL)||Starting Basic Pay|
|Commandant ( JG )||12||78800|
(b) Other Benefits :
* Entitled rations as per Government orders.
* Medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
* Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
* 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
* Insurance cover of 50 lakhs at a premium of 5000/- per month as Group insurance.
* Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
* Canteen facilities and various loan facilities.
* Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
* ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
11. Disclaimer : The terms and conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
* Candidates to see Coast Guard Recruitment Website for updates. This is an indicative advertisement only.
Caution : Selection in coast guard is fair and on merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agents. For complaint against such persons, candidate must approach the Director (Recruitment) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on Telephone–0120–2414395.