- Indian Army 24th Technical Entry Scheme Selection Procedure
- Short listed candidates will be called for Services Selection Board SSB Interview at Bhopal, Bangalore or Allahabad. SSB Interviews will be held in August/September 2010 onwards.
- Duration of SSB Interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB Interviews, Candidates are put through psychological Test, Group test and Interviews.
- Candidates will be put through stage-I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage-I, will be returned on the first day itself. Stage-I are psychologically originated test including intelligence test.
- Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical test lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- One second class fare is admissible for the interview (to and fro) for the first time only. Stipend / Pay and Allowances.
- The candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. (15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/-) as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4 Years training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay asd admissible to the rank.
The Pay Bands are as under :
|Lt to Maj Lt Col to Maj Gen||15,600-39,100 (PB-3) 37,400-67,000 (PB-4)|
|Lt Gen||HAG Scale HAG + Scale"||67,000 (annual increment @' 3%)-79000 75,500 (annual increment @ 3%)-80000|
(* Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gnes) VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen (NFSG) 80,000 (fixed) COAS 90,000 (fixed)
(b) In addition to pay, Grade pay will also be given as under:
|Maj Gen||Rs. 10,000/-|
A fixed sum of 6,000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank Lt to Brig.
Qualification Pay and Grant
Officers possessing certain prescribed qualification are entitled to lumpsum Qualification Grant of 6,000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by the them.
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in Army Aviation Corps are entitled to the Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification held by them, as under:-
- Master Aviation Instructor 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class l 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class ll 280/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green Card 400/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card 280/- p.m.
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying allowance, asunder:
- Brig & above 10,500/-
- aj to Col 14.000/-
- Capt 11,000/-
- Lt 9,000/- Allowances In addition to pay, an officer at present receives the following allowances:
Retirement Benefits Pension, gratuity and casual pensionary award will be admissible in accordance with the rules in force from time to time.
Leave: Leave will be admissible in accordance with the rules in force from time to time.
- On commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave LTC, free medical service for self and family, canteen facilities and other concessions.
- On being commissioned, all officers will be guided by the terms and conditions as given out by the Army Group Insurance Scheme and as amended from time to time.
- Army Group Insurance Fund Provides Insurance cover of 15 Lac on payment of one time non-refundable premium of 8200/- by cadets from the date of joining for pre-commission training i.e. for 3 years. If a cadets is relegated an additional premium of 1,444/- per relegated term will be paid. Those who are medically boarded out on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 7.5 Lac reduced up to 1.5 Lac for 20 per cent disability. However, disability for less than 20 percent, an ex-gratia of 20,000/- will be paid. There is no saving component under this scheme. Disability due to alcoholism and drug addiction will not qualify for disability benefit and ex-gratia.
- The Gentlemen Cadets when in receipt of stipend of 21,000/- per month are insured for 30 Lac. Those who are medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100 % disability will be 15 Lac which is proportionately reduced up to 3 Lac for. 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability an ex-gratia of 20,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism and drug addiction will not qualify for disability benefit and ex-gratia. Premium at the rate of 2190/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentlemen Cadets to become member under the main AGI Scheme as applicable to Regular Army Officers. The premium for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate.