Indian Army Religious Teachers Recruitment as JCO 2016 Selection Procedure :: Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Recruitment 2016
6. Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Recruitment Screening Test 2016 : Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical examination at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
7. Indian Army JCO Recruitment Written Examination and Interview : Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 26th February, 2017 and will comprise of two papers as follows :-
- Paper-I (Maximum Marks – 100) : This paper will contain objective type questions on general awareness and will be common to candidates of all Religious denominations. Pass marks 40%.
Note : Paper-I is a qualifying exam only. Marks not counted while preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
- Paper-II (Maximum Marks – 100) : This paper will contain objective questions to check the knowledge specific to particular religious denominations to which the candidate belongs.
- In Paper-II : Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40 marks out of total 100 marks and come in the merit list to be eligible for appearing in the interview. The number of candidates to be called for interview will be approx 2 (two) to 3 (three) times the number of vacancies. Only those candidates who come in the merit will be interviewed by a board of officers at the nominated Regimental Centre.
- The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for interview will be put on Rtg Dte website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by 25th March, 2017.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 50 out of 100 marks to qualify in the interview.
- The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and Interview.
- Candidates finally selected will be enrolled as JCO (RT) and will undergo six weeks training at respective Regimental Centre followed by eleven week training at Institute of National Integration (INI), Pune.
- Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
8. Indian Army Terms of Service :
- Appointment : On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as Religious Teachers in the rank of Naib Subedar.
- Promotion : All JCOs (Religious Teachers) will become eligible for substantive rank of Subedar/Risaldar on completion of at least 10 years service as Religious Teachers (RT).
- Pay, Allowances and Perks : The JCO (RT) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of 9300-34800. In addition they will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family, and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.
- Retirement : Normal age of superannuation for JCO (RT) in the rank of Subedar will be 57 years. A Subedar Major (RT) will retire on completion of 4 years of service as Subedar Major or 57 years of age, whichever is earlier.
9. How to Apply for Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Recruitment 2016 :
(a) Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt), Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre (Leh), Gorkha Recruiting Depot (Kunraghat) and 11 Gorkha Rifles Regimental Centre (Lucknow).
(b) Candidates must apply to the concerned HQ Rtg Zone/IRO Delhi Cantt of which the individual is a permanent native/resident.
(c) Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the HQ Rtg Zone covering their place of domicile. Service candidates will appear in the Rtg Zone nearest to their place of posting.
(d) Application submitted to a different organization of which the candidate is not domicile of, will be rejected.
(e) Submission of Indian Army JCO Application by Civil Candidates :
- Indian Army JCO Recruitment Online Application. For candidates applying for Pandit and Granthi categories, applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindanarmy.nic.in. [Detailed instructions given in ‘Instructions for Online Application’]
- Hindu Gorkha Candidates applying for Pandit (Gorkha) category will submit written application duly filled to Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat only.
- Muslim (Shia) candidates of Ladakh region applying for Maulvi (Shia) category will submit written application duly filled to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only. [Please refer application proforma]
- Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates of Sikkim Region applying for Bodh Monk only will submit written application duly filled to 11 Gorkha Rifle Regimental Centre, Lucknow only.
- Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates of other than Sikkim Region applying for Bodh Monk will submit written application duly filled to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only. [Please refer application proforma]
- Postal addresses of all Headquarters Recruiting Zones & concerned Regimental Centres.
(f) Submission of Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Recruitment Application by Remusteration Candidates :
- Indian Army application filled strictly as per Pro-forma given in the notification and duly approved by the CO/OC Unit be forwarded by the Unit of the candidate along with the required documents to respective Record Offices who will then forward the same to concerned HQ Rtg Zone nearest to the place of posting of the candidate. Top outer cover of envelope should read “Application for JCO (RT) Courses 83 & 84” inscribed in red ink.
- Advance copy of the application along with required documents be forwarded to the concerned HQ Rtg Zone (Nearest to the place of posting).
- Affix your recent passport size photograph without sun glasses at the space provided in the application form. Photograph taken with Polaroid camera or computer print will not be accepted. An additional self attested photograph also be submitted along with application form.
- Candidate whose application has been rejected earlier may apply if eligible/age permits.
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
(g) All the above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time.
(h) List of recognised universities to be verified from the official website of UGC/AICTE or the nearest HQ Recruiting Zone/Army Recruiting Office/Independent Recruiting Office, Delhi Cantt.
(j) Only male candidates are eligible to apply.
(k) Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview will produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at Zonal Recruiting Office before dispatch.
(l) Touts and agents have no role to play and candidates are advised not to be lured by such agents/agencies.
(m) The candidates are required to produce the following original documents, when called for screening :-
- Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
- NCC Certificate in original, if applicable.
- Son of servicemen/Ex-servicemen, son of war widow/son of widow, certificate in original, if applicable.
(n) Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e., from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
10. Postal Addresses of Headquarters Recruiting Zones/Concerned Regimental Centres :
|S.No.||Address||State, UT and Districts
|(a)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Ambala|
|Haryana (Except Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat & Palwal) and Himachal Pradesh|
|(b)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Bangalore|
148, Fd Marshal KM Kariappa Road,
|Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|(c)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Chennai|
Fort Saint George,
|A&N Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry and Tamilnadu|
|(d)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Danapur|
|Bihar and Jharkhand
|(e)||Independent Recruiting Office, |
Delhi Cantt – 110010.
|Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat and Palwal|
|(f)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Jabalpur|
T-23 Ridge Road,
|Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|(g)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone|
Shastri Nagar, Post Box No–35,
|(h)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, |
|Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab
|(j)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Kolkata|
1 Gokhale Road,
|Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal|
|(k)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Lucknow|
236, M G Road,
|Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
|(l)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Pune|
3, Rajender Singh Ji Road,
|Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra|
|(m)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, |
|Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Tripura|
|(n)||Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre|
c/o 56 APO
|For Maulvi Shia and Bodh Monk Mahayana other than Sikkim category|
|(o)||Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat|
Pin - 901108,
c/o 56 APO.
|For Pandit Gorkha category|
|(p)||11 Gorkha Rifles Regimental Centre|
PIN - 900350,
c/o 56 APO.
|For Bodh Monk Mahayana from Sikkim|
11. Indian Army Online Registration will open on 10th October, 2016 at 1000 Hrs. Online registration will be closed on 08th November, 2016 at 1700 hrs.
12. Disclaimer : The terms and conditions, given in the advertisement and on the website are subject to change and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing policies rules and regulation of Indian Army/Government of India will be final. Details are also available on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Instructions for Civil Candidates for Online Application JCO (RT) Pandit and Granthi Categories Only
1. Indian Army Recruitment of Junior Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher) for Pandit and Granthi categories will be through the online registration and online application on Indian Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
2. Indian Army Online Registration : Candidates can “check their eligibility” on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and can apply online for chosen/eligible career option in the Indian Army.
For online application candidates should carry the following :-
- Education qualification certificates including matriculation certificate.
- Personal details, including permanent address with PIN Number.
- Verification / domicile certificate.
- Have a personal valid e-mail.
- Have a personal mobile number.
3. Indian Army Online registration and application for JCO (RT) category will remain open from 10th October, 2016 at 1000 hrs to 08th November, 2016 at 1700 hrs. Rally schedules (Preliminary screening) will be notified.
4. Indian Army Procedure for Applying Online : For registering online, visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and proceed as follow :-
- Click on the portion ‘Apply Online’ on the home page in JCO/OR enrolment row (green coloured).
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up field have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the details, your profile will open.
- Click on Apply Online. As per your eligibility, the options with caption Apply Online will appear. Click on the Button to apply and details filled in during registration will come as prefilled. Fill the balance details on each tab like contact details and education details etc.
- After filling the form, click on preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct as you will not be able to make any correction after saving.
- On submitting you will receive a Roll Number.
- Candidates can log in by using the e-mail id and password and candidates can take the print out of the details any time.
- Online registration does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria for recruitment.
- Your registration is subject to subsequent scrutiny and can be rejected, if found Ineligible/Invalid at any point of time.
- The applicants are advised to regularly check their profile on army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and their e-mail box for alerts and Admit Card.
5. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting the application, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
6. Print one copy of Admit Card on good quality paper in black and white laser printer with 600×600 or higher resolution and affix your recent passport size photo on it.
Please carry Admit Card along with following documents on scheduled date you have been called for physical tests :-
- Original and photocopy of character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original and photocopy Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the state Government.
- Original and photocopy certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
- Original and photocopy of NCC Certificate, if applicable.
- Original and photocopy of relationship certificate issued by concerned Record Officer for Son of serviceman/Ex-servicemen, son of war widow/son of widow, if applicable.
Note : Candidates are required to produce the above documents in original, when called for screening.
7. Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.