Indian Air Force Sportsmen Recruitment for Group ‘Y’ Trades 2015 – Selection Procedure for IAF Sportsmen Group Y Trades
1. Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen ( only Male Indian citizens ) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ trades in following sports discipline :
|1. Athletics.||11. Kabaddi.|
|2. Basketball.||12. Lawn Tennis.|
|3. Boxing.||13. Shooting.|
|4. Cross Country.||14. Squash Racket.|
|5. Cricket.||15. Swimming.|
|6. Cycling.||16. Volleyball.|
|7. Football.||17. Weight Polo.|
|8. Gymnastics.||18. Wrestling.|
|9. Hockey.||19. Weight Lifting.|
|10. Handball.||20. Wushu.|
2. Eligibility for IAF Sportsmen 2015
|Education Qualification||Sports Achievements|
|Passed 10 + 2 / Equivalent examination in stream / subjects approved by Central / State Boards of Education.||
Note : Candidates represented International / National level and achieved position but not possessing 10+2 educational qualification may also apply. However, candidature of such candidates will be subject to verification of sports credentials & performance during selection trials. Relaxation of educational qualification ( Not below matric ) will be considered on case to case basis for eligible candidates.
3. Age Limit for IAF Sportsmen Recruitment 2015 : Candidate should be born between 01 August, 1994 to 30 June, 1998 ( Both days inclusive ). Upper age limit of date of enrolment is 21 years.
Note : Age relaxation ( not below 16 years and not exceeding 25 years of age ) would be considered in exceptional cases on case to case basis, based on the level of achievement in National / International sports events.
4. Secretary, Air Force Sports Control Board reserves the right to shortlist the applications on the basis of the available vacancies.
5. Medical Standards for IAF Sportsmen Jobs 2015 :
- Height : Minimum acceptable height : 152.5 cm.
- Chest : Minimum range of expansion : 5 cm.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age.
- Vision : Minimum visual standard : Unaided 6/36, corrected to at least 6/9 for each eye with spectacles, Dioptectric power not exceeding ±3.5 Dioptres in any axis. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour vision CP-II/III. ( Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used ).
- Corneal Surgery : ( PRK / LASIK ) is not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum. 14 dental points.
- Health : Candidates should be free from Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain. The candidates are advised to get wax removed from their ears and tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for selection trials.
Note : Candidate should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp and registration number of eye specialist. Candidates are advised to get tartar and stain removed from teeth, Ears should be free of wax. Permanent body tattoos on inner face of the fore arms ( inside of elbow to the wrist ), back ( dorsal ) part of the hand / reverse side of palm and tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes only are permitted. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit a photograph of the tattoo with details of size and type of the tattoo.
6. Candidate discharged from the Indian Air Force / Indian Navy / Indian Army or dismissed from any government organisation for any reason earlier is not to apply.
Terms and Conditions in IAF Sportsmen 2015
7. IAF Sportsmen Training & Tenure 2015 : Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years. Initially candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training ( JBPT ) at Basic training Institute, Belgaum ( Karnataka ). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for trade training of specified duration. Indian Air Force Sportsmen Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
8. Pay & Allowances in IAF Sportsmen 2015 :
During IAF training, a stipend of 11,400/- per month will be paid. On completion of Indian Air Force training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of Scale of Pay including Dearness Allowance ( DA ) will be 20,500/- per month ( approximately ) and, which in subsequent year, may rise upto 38,720/- per month ( approximately ) depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personnel Maintenance allowance ( CPMA ), Leave Ration Allowance ( LRA ), Fly / PJI Allowance ( if applicable ), Family Planning Allowance ( if applicable ), HRA etc. and also admissible to Airmen.
9. Perquisites : Perks such as ration, clothing, medical facilities, accommodation, CSD ( Canteen ) facilities, Leave ( 60 days annual and 30 days casual in a calendar year as a privilege ), Education concession to children, recreational facilities, free transport to school going children and Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ) are also provided as per the existing rules. Not withstanding the above, Group Insurance cover of 25,00,000/- at a premium of 1730/- per month is covered for all airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme is also extended. Other facilities by Air Force Wives Welfare Association ( AFWWA ) are also extended to family of airmen.
10. Promotion in IAF Sportsmen 2015 :
Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Master Warrant Officer ( MWO ). Opportunities to become Commissioned Officer also exist for those Airmen who qualify the prescribed examinations, later during their service career.
11. Post Retirement Benefits : Pension, Gratuity, Leave Encashment, Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme ( ECHS ) and CSD ( Canteen ) facilities comprise some of the post retirement benefits. Specialised Pre-release Course ( PRC ) are also arranged to enable airmen to take up post retirement career. In addition, airmen also get relaxation in age and reservation in Govt. Services as ex-servicemen.