Indian Air Force Sportsmen Recruitment for Group ‘Y’ Trades 2013 – Selection Procedure for IAF Sportsmen Group Y Trades
1. Indian Air Force Direct Recruitment of Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen against Sports Quota in Indian Air Force in Group ‘Y’ Trades. Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen ( only Male Indian citizens ) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ trades in following sports discipline :
2. IAF Sports Discipline : Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Shooting, Squash Racket, Volleyball, Weight Lifting.
Eligibility for IAF Sportsmen 2013
|Education Qualification||Sports Achievements|
|Passed intermediate / 10 + 2 / Equivalent examination in stream / subjects approved by Central / State Boards of Education.||
|Minimum Matriculate / 10th||Represented India at International level.|
3. Age Limit for Sportsmen Recruitment : Born between 02 October, 1992 to 02 July, 1996 ( Both days inclusive ).
4. Medical Standards for Sportsmen Jobs :
- Height : Minimum acceptable height : 152.5 cm.
- Chest : Minimum range of expansion : 5 cm.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age.
- Vision : Minimum visual standard : Unaided 6/36, corrected to at least 6/9 for each eye with spectacles, Dioptectric power not exceeding ±3.5 Dioptres in any axis. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour vision CP-II/III. ( Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used ).
- Corneal Surgery : ( PRK / LASIK ) is not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum. 14 dental points.
- Health : Candidates should be free from Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally Fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain. The candidates are advised to get wax removed from their ears and tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for selection trials.
Terms and Conditions in IAF
5. Tenure : Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
6. Indian Air Force Training :
IAF Training period is of 24 weeks for Group ‘Y’ Non-tech trades. Training in Indian Air Force is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, Profession, Physical fitness and Discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
7. Pay & Allowances in IAF :
During IAF training, a stipend of 8,550/- per month will be paid. On completion of Indian Air Force training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of Scale of Pay including Dearness Allowance ( DA ) will be 16,213/- per month ( approximately ) and, which in subsequent year, may rise upto 31,233/- per month as per Sixth Pay Commission depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personnel Maintenance allowance ( CPMA ), Leave Ration Allowance ( LRA ), Fly / PJI Allowance ( if applicable ), Family Planning Allowance ( if applicable ), HRA etc. and also admissible to Airmen.
8. Promotion in IAF :
Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Master Warrant Officer ( MWO ). Opportunities to become Commissioned Officer also exist for those Airmen who qualify the prescribed examinations, later during their service career.