Civil Service Exam Mains – IAS Exam Mains 2017 Syllabus for Dogri Syllabus Paper I – Paper II
History of Dogri Language and Literature
Answers must be written in Dogri.
History of Dogri Language
1. Dogri language : Origin and development through different stages.
2. Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
3. Characteristic features of Dogri language.
4. Structure of Dogri Language :
(a) Sound Structure :
- Segmental : Vowels and Consonants.
- Non-segmental : Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
(b) Morphology of Dogri :
- Inflection Categories : Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
- Word Formation : Use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
- Vocabulary : Tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
(c) Sentence Structure : Major Sentence- types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
5. Dogri Language and Scripts : Dogre / Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri literature :
- A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
- Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
- Development of Dogri short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
- Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
- Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent playwrights.
- Development of Dogri Prose : Essays, Memoirs & travelogues.
- An introduction to Dogri Folk literature- Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.