Civil Service Exam Mains – IAS Exam Mains 2015 Syllabus for Hindi
Answers must be written in Hindi.
History of Hindi Language and Nagari Lipi.
1. Grammatical and applied forms of Apbhransh, Awahatta & Arambhik Hindi.
2. Development of Braj and Awadhi as literary language during medieval period.
3. Early form of Khari-boli in Siddha-Nath Sahitya, Khusero, Sant Sahitaya, Rahim etc. and Dakhni Hindi.
4. Development of Khari-boli and Nagari Lipi during 19th Century.
5. Standardisation of Hindi Bhasha & Nagari Lipi.
6. Development of Hindi as national Language during freedom movement.
7. The development of Hindi as a National Language of Union of India.
8. Scientific & Technical development of Hindi Language.
9. Prominent dialects of Hindi and their inter relationship.
10. Salient features of Nagari Lipi and the efforts for its reform & Standard form of Hindi.
11. Grammatical structure of Standard Hindi.
History of Hindi Literature :
I. The relevance and importance of Hindi literature and tradition of writing History of Hindi Literature.
II. Literary trends of the following four periods of history of Hindi Literature.
A : Adikal-Sidh, Nath and Raso Sahitya.
Prominent poets – Chandvardai, Khusaro, Hemchandra, Vidyapati.
B : Bhaktikal – Sant Kavyadhara, Sufi Kavyadhara, Krishna Bhaktidhara and Ram Bhaktidhara.
Prominent Poets – Kabir, Jayasi, Sur & Tulsi.
C : Ritikal-Ritikavya, Ritibaddhakavya & Riti Mukta Kavya.
Prominent Poets-Keshav, Bihari, Padmakar and Ghananand.
D : Adhunik Kal
a. Renaissance, the development of Prose, Bharatendu Mandal.
b. Prominent Writers : Bharatendu, Bal Krishna Bhatt & Pratap Narain Mishra.
c. Prominent trends of modern Hindi Poetry : Chhayavad, Pragativad, Proyogvad, Nai Kavita, Navgeet and Contemporary poetry and Janvadi Kavita.
Prominent Poets : Maithili Sharan Gupta, Prasad, Nirala, Mahadevi, Dinkar, Agyeya, Muktibodh, Nagarjun.
III. Katha Sahitya :
A. Upanyas & Realism
B. The origin and develpment of Hindi Novels.
C. Prominent Novelists : Premchand, Jainendra, Yashpal, Renu and Bhism Sahani.
D. The origin and development of Hindi short story.
E. Prominent short Story Writers : Premchand, Prasad, Agyeya, Mohan Rakesh & Krishna Shobti.
IV. Drama & Theatre :
A. The origin & Development of Hindi Drama.
B. Prominent Dramatists : Bharatendu, Prasad, Jagdish Chandra Mathur, Ram Kumar Verma, Mohan Rakesh.
C. The development of Hindi Theature.
V. Criticism :
A : The origin and development of Hindi criticism : Saiddhantik, Vyavharik, Pragativadi, Manovishleshanvadi & Nai Alochana.
B : Prominent critics : Ramchandra Shukla, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma & Nagendra.
VI. The other forms of Hindi prose-Lalit Nibandh, Rekhachitra, Sansmaran, Yatra-vrittant.
Answers must be written in Hindi.
This paper will require first hand reading of prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
1. Kabir : Kabir Granthawali, Ed, Shyam Sundar Das ( First hundred Sakhis ).
2. Surdas : Bhramar Gitsar, Ed. Ramchandra Shukla ( First hundred Padas ).
3. Tulsidas : Ramchrit Manas ( Sundar Kand ) Kavitawali ( Uttar Kand ).
4. Jayasi : Padmawat Ed. Shyam Sundar Das ( Sinhal Dwip Khand & Nagmativiyog Khand ).
5. Bihari : Bihari Ratnakar Ed. Jagnnath Prasad Ratnakar ( First 100 Dohas ).
6. Maithili Sharan Gupta : Bharat Bharati.
7. Prasad : Kamayani ( Chinta and Sharddha Sarg ).
8. Nirala : Rag-Virag, Ed. Ram Vilas Sharma ( Ram Ki Shakti Puja & Kukurmutta ).
9. Dinkar : Kurushetra.
10. Agyeya : Angan Ke Par Dwar ( Asadhya Vina ).
11. Muktiboth : Brahma Rakshas.
12. Nagarjun : Badal Ko Ghirte Dekha Hai, Akal Ke Bad, Harijan Gatha.
1. Bharatendu : Bharat Durdasha.
2. Mohan Rakesh : Ashad Ka Ek Din.
3. Ramchandra Shukla : Chintamani ( Part I ) [ Kavita Kya Hai ] Shraddha Aur Bhakti ).
4. Dr. Satyendra : Nibandh Nilaya-Bal Krishna Bhatt, Premchand, Gulab Rai, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma, Agyeya, Kuber Nath Rai.
5. Premchand : Godan, Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai, Manjusha – Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai.
6. Prasad : Skandgupta.
7. Yashpal : Divya.
8. Phaniswar Nath Renu : Maila Anchal.
9. Mannu Bhandari : Mahabhoj.
10. Rajendra Yadav : Ek Dunia Samanantar ( All Stories ).