Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry) Examination
Introduction to Indian Navy Sailors :
The Indian Navy possesses highly sophisticated ships, submarines and aircraft, which are operated by sailors, who are given training at various intervals during their service.
Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry) MER Examination is held twice a year.
Eligibility for Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry) Exam
Marital Status : Unmarried Indian Male citizens are eligible.
Nationality : Indian. Gorkha subjects of Nepal are also eligible for recruitment.
Age : 17-20 years.
Indian Navy Sailor Educational Qualifications :
Matriculation or equivalent with 55 per cent or above marks with Science and Maths. Or
10 + 2 or equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks in Maths and Physics. Preference given to candidates with working knowledge of computers.
Indian Navy Sailor Physical Standards :
- Height : 157 cms (minimum) for 18 years of age.
- Weight : Proportionate to height (plus and minus 10% acceptable).
- Chest : Well developed and proportioned with minimum expansion range of 5cms
- Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/9. Colour Perception : CP II
- Good mental and physical health free from any disease / disability.