IAF Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) July 02/2015 for Women – Selection Procedure – IAF AFCAT Exam
Last Date for Submission of AFCAT Online Applications : 23 Jul 2015.
IAF AFCAT Women 2015 Selection Procedure
9. All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) and Engineering Knowledge Test ( EKT ) ( applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch ) to be conducted on 13 September 2015 ( Sunday ) at one of the AFCAT examination centres mentioned below. Candidates will be required to login to their candidate login account regularly for information on AFCAT, EKT ( if applicable ) and AFSB testing. The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude. Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT / EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.
10. Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT / EKT ) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards ( AFSBs ) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing would consist of three stages as given below.
- Stage I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days ( Five Days ).
- For Flying Branch : CPSS ( Computerised Pilot Selection System ) and or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT ) would be administered to eligible candidates.
11. Change of Interview Dates : Request for change of SSB interview date should be avoided. However, as an exception, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. Request for such change should be forwarded to the respective AFSB from where the call letter for SSB interview has been received and not to Air Headquarters / AFCAT Cell. The AFSBs may consider change of date at their discretion. E-mail ID and telephone numbers of AFSB centres / contact details of AFSBs are available under the link of contact us at Indian Air Force website www.careerairforce.nic.in.
12. AFCAT Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB. Non reporting of candidates on allotted date for medicals could lead to cancellation of candidature.
13. Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training in the order of all India Merit list depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches / sub branches. Grant of PC / SSC in Technical and Ground Duty Branches would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates / Airmen.
14. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
15. 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders in Technical and Ground Duty Branches.
16. Onus of meeting the eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely undergoing Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) / SSB testing would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements.
17. IAF AFCAT 2015 Application Form for Women
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “candidate login” in the career website of IAF www.careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instructions. You are advised to note down Registration number for future correspondence. Candidates are advised to read the notification for AFCAT 02 / 2015 & the detailed guidelines for filling up Online application as given in the website www.careerairforce.nic.in prior to commencement of filling up Online applications. While filling Online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available, as details are to be filled as per matriculation & other educational certificates. Please save your recent colour passport size photograph ( size 10 to 50 KB ) in the computer for updating it with your Online application form. Please note that utmost care needs to be taken while filling up the online application. In case any information is found to be incorrect then the candidature is likely to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Submission of more than one application will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Details of Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) Centres are appended below and would be allocated as per availability of seats at AFCAT centre.
AFCAT Exam Centres 2015
Ambala, Amritsar, Allahabad, Agra, Ahmedabad, Barnala, Bathinda, Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Bagdogra, Bareilly, Chandigarh, Chabua, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Darbhanga, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Guwahati, Halwara, Hashimara, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jorhat, Jaipur, Jamnagar, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kalaikunda ( Kharagpur ), Kochi, Leh, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mohanbari, Mysore, Nal ( Bikaner ), Nagpur, Ojhar ( Nasik ), Pathankot, Patna, Pune, Port Blair, Salua ( Kharagpur ) Srinagar, Suratgarh, Sirsa, Saharanpur, Shillong, Silchar, Sulur ( Coimbatore ), Thane, Tezpur, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Vadodara, Varanasi.
- Candidates will be allotted AFCAT centres as per their selection / choice subject to availability of vacancy at that centre.
Note 1 : Candidates may contact AFCAT Cell on Phone No 011-26160286 / 26160289 / 26160459 ( Direct ) or 011-23010231 Extn 7905 to resolve any query regarding Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) and application procedure. Query timings 09:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs ( Monday to Friday ). E-Mail queries may be addressed to email@example.com. AFCAT cell will be operational from 30 May 2015 to 16 August 2015 only.
Note 2 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to AFCAT examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Note 3 : All SSB related e-mails to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and not to email@example.com.
18. Serving Airmen are required to apply online at par with other candidates. In addition, Airmen candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 11 / 2015 through service channel. Other Government employees also need to apply online after obtaining necessary permission from their concerned departments and they are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
AFCAT Training 2015
19. AFCAT Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of July 2016 for all courses.
20. The duration of AFCAT training 2015 for Flying and Technical Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground Duty Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
IAF Offers you
21. AFCAT Pay and Allowances 2015 : Flying Officers will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of 15,600 – 39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty / place of posting and would include Flying Allowance, Technical Allowance, Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory ( Hill area ) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachin Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer Allowance, Hard Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance. On successful completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in different branches including Transport Allowance of major cities as given below :
- Flying Branch : 78,426/-
- Technical Branch : 67,926/-
- Ground Duty Branches : 64,926/-
22. Benefits : In addition to the Pay & Allowances, Officers are entitled to Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave ( 60 days Annual and 20 days Casual ) subject to service exigency, supply of entitled rations, canteen & Officers’ Mess facilities and many more.
23. Insurance : 50 Lakh Insurance Cover ( on contribution ) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of 10 Lakh ( on contribution ) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
24. TA : Traveling Allowance by the shortest route for AC – III Tier Mail / Express Trains to and fro for the journey from the place of Call Up or departure ( whichever is nearer ) is admissible. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket / bus ticket ( hard copy ) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
25. In case the candidates are awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades / CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. The onus of proving the conversion from grade / CGPA to percentage of marks would rest with the candidate.
26. Candidates are required to maintain their unique E-Mail ID active throughout the selection process.
27. Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
28. Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried ( term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances ). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
29. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
30. Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
31. Candidates must carry Admit Card and a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for Air Force Common Admission Test and for SSB Interview at Air Force Selection Board. The admit card which is attested at the AFCAT centre is to be carried for the SSB interview.
32. The candidature for the courses commencing in July 2016 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15 June 2016.
33. SSC Officers of 199/16G/SSC/W Course in Ground Duty Branches may be considered for grant of PC based on vacancies, service requirements, suitability, merit and willingness.
34. Women candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply in response to IAF Airmen 2015 advertisement.
35. Candidates who have been withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
36. One year antedate seniority will be granted to the candidates joining Technical Branch Courses.
37. Pan card is a mandatory requirement to join AFA.
38. Online modification of submitted applications may be carried out for name ( spelling ) and address only on 24 and 25 Jul 2015.
39. Use of mobile phone inside AFSBs is prohibited.
40. Physical Conditioning : Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
41. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF / Govt. of India will be final.
42. Statutory Warning : Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.