IAF Air Force Common Admission Test ( AFCAT ) 01/2017 Jan 2018 for Men – Selection Procedure – IAF AFCAT Exam Date 2017
AFCAT Selection Procedure :
All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) on 26th February 2017 (Sunday) at one of the examination centres mentioned at para 14 (b). The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude. Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in. EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT. It is mandatory for the candidates opting for ground duty (technical) branch to pass both AFCAT & EKT.
Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of AFCAT/EKT will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. Candidates who opt for flying branch can opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi only.
The testing would consist of three stages :
- Stage-I : Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II : Testing consisting of Psychological, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).
- For Flying Branch : Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to eligible candidates. This is once in a lifetime test. Candidates who have failed the (CPSS)/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
Change of Interview Dates : Request for change of AFSB interview date should be avoided. However, as an exception, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. Request for such change should be forwarded to the respective AFSB as mentioned in the call letter and not to Air Headquarters/AFCAT Cell. The AFSBs may consider change of date at their discretion. E-mail ID and telephone numbers of AFSB centres/contact details of AFSBs are available under the link of contact us at Indian Air Force website www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB. Non reporting of candidates on allotted date for medicals could lead to cancellation of candidature.
Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training if the candidates qualify in the final merit list depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches/ sub branches. Grant of PC/SSC in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates.
No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches. This is not to be confused with NCC special entry scheme. Advertisement for NCC special entry scheme will be published subsequently.
Onus of meeting the eligibility criteria rests with the applicant. Merely undergoing AFCAT/AFSB testing would not constitute fulfilment of eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2017 :
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “CANDIDATE LOGIN” in the career website of IAF www.careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instructions. You are advised to note down Registration number for future correspondence. Candidates are advised to read the notification for AFCAT 01/2017 and the detailed guidelines for filling up online application as given in the website www.careerairforce.nic.in prior to commencement of filling up online applications. While filling online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available, as details are to be filled as per matriculation and other educational certificates. Please save your recent colour passport size photograph (size 10 to 50 KB) in the computer for uploading it with your online application form. Please note that utmost care needs to be taken while filling up the online application. In case any information is found to be incorrect, the candidature is likely to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Submission of more than one application will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Details of AFCAT centres are appended and would be allocated as per availability of seats at AFCAT centre. The centres are allocated on first cum first basis and candidate might get another centre beyond his/her choice on delayed submission of application. No change of centre will be entertained.
AFCAT Exam Centres :
Ambala, Amritsar, Allahabad, Agra, Ahmedabad, Barnala, Bathinda, Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Bagdogra, Bareilly, Chandigarh, Chabua, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Darbhanga, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Guwahati, Halwara, Hashimara, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jorhat, Jaipur, Jamnagar, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kalaikunda (Kharagpur), Kochi, Leh, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mohanbari, Mysore, Nal (Bikaner), Nagpur, Ojhar (Nasik), Pathankot, Patna, Pune, Port Blair, Salua (Kharagpur), Srinagar, Suratgarh, Sirsa,Saharanpur, Shillong, Silchar, Sulur (Coimbatore), Thane, Tezpur, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Vadodara, Varanasi.
- Candidates may contact AFCAT Cell on Toll free number 1800-11-2448 or Phone No 011-26160458/26160459 (Direct) or 011-23010231 Extn 7905 to resolve any query regarding AFCAT and application procedure. Query timings are 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday to Friday). E-Mail queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. AFCAT cell will be operational from 03rd December, 2016 to 26th February, 2017 only.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to AFCAT examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates who have withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
- All AFSB related e-mails to be directed to email@example.com and not to firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving Airmen : Servicing Airmen are required to apply online at par with other candidates. In addition, Airmen candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 11/ 2015 through service channel. Other government employees also need to apply online after obtaining necessary permission from their concerned departments and they are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
Training : Is scheduled to commence in the first week of January 2018 for all courses.
The duration of training for Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
IAF Offers You
Pay and Allowances : A Flying Officer will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of 15,600-39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty/place of posting and would include Flying Allowance, Technical Allowance, Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory (Hill area) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachin Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer Allowance, Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance.
On successful completion of Training, newly commissioned Flying officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in different branches including Transport Allowance of major cities as follows :
- Flying Branch : 82,050/-
- Ground Duty (Tech) Branch : 71,550/-
- Ground Duty (Non-tech) Branch : 68,550/-
Note : The pay and allowances are subject to enhancement based on implementation of VII CPC.
Benefits : In addition to the Pay & Allowances, officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, supply of entitled rations, Canteen & officers’ Mess facilities and many more. LTC. and Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual) subject to service exigency.
Insurance : 75 Lakh Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of ` 10 Lakh (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
Travel Allowance (TA) : To and fro travelling fare by the shortest route of AC-III Tier/AC Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in AFSB for the first time will be reimbursed. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket/ bus ticket (hard copy) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
Air Force Common Admission Test Important Instructions :
1. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into 10 points scale and multiplied by 10 to get equivalent percentage.
2. Candidates are required to maintain their unique E-Mail ID active throughout the selection process.
3. Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried (term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
4. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
5. Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
6. Candidates must carry Admit Card and a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for AFCAT centre and for AFSB Interview. The admit card which is attested at the AFCAT centre is to be carried for the AFSB interview. The onus is on the candidate to produce the valid proof of identity which authenticates name and the date of birth mentioned in Admit Card.
7. The candidature for the courses commencing in January 2018 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15th November, 2017.
8. One year ante date seniority will be granted to the candidates joining Ground Duty (Technical) Branch Courses.
9. PAN Card is a mandatory requirement to join AFA.
10. Online modification of submitted applications may be carried out for name (spelling) and address only on 30 and 31 December, 2016. Please note that information filled up by the candidates in online application form will be considered final and no amendments will be allowed subsequently.
11. Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, calculators, docu-pen, slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculator, mobile phones, pager or any other device except the admit card, identity proof inside the AFCAT exam centre premises. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured. If the candidate is in possession of any of the above mentioned items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her examination will be cancelled. He/she will also be debarred for future AFCAT examinations and the equipment will seized.
12. The OMR answer sheets are evaluated electronically hence it is mandatory for the candidate to write and bubble the particulars (Name, AFCAT number and DOB) and booklet series in the OMR sheet at the appropriate place. Failure/improper bubbling and writing of the same shall lead to non-evaluation of OMR answer sheet.
13. After admission to Air Force Academy, candidates will not be considered for any other commission. They will also not be permitted to appear for any interview or examination after they join for training in the Air Force Academy.
14. Candidates would be given joining instructions for joining the AFA. No other intimation would be given till final merit list is prepared. A candidate would have to make it in the final cut off merit list after completion of written tests, AFSB recommendations and medical examination, to be eligible for joining Indian Air Force.
15. Physical Conditioning : Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
16. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF / Government of India will be final. Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
17. Statutory Warning : Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.