10+2 Technical Entry Army :
10+2 Technical Entry is for male candidates who have passed 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with not less than 70%.
Indian Army – Technical Branches – Entry as officers in Signal / Engineering / EME. Cadets may be given other arms if sufficient vacancy is not available in the technical branch at the time of commissioning the cadets.
Type of Entry : 10+2 (PCM) Technical Entry Scheme for admission to the College of Military Engineering (CME) Pune.
Type of Commission : Permanent Commission in the Army.
Approximate Number of Technical Entry Vacancies : 85 per course (Two course are conducted every year Jan / July course)
Age : A candidate must not be below 16 ½ years and over 19 ½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing (i.e for course commencing in January 2007, the candidate should not be born before 01 July 1987 and not after 01 July 1990- both dates inclusive). An only unmarried male candidate who is a citizen of India is eligible to apply for the course.
Technical Entry Educational Qualification :
Candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (10 + 2 Pattern) or its equivalent from University / Board with minimum 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
Application form for 10+2 Technical Entry Army : Application form must be as per the prescribed format and the colour code as per the percentage of marks obtained.Envelope must be superscripted – “Application for 10 +2 (PCM) Army – Month & year” (e.g. for the course commencing in January 2007 the superscription should be – “Application for 10 + 2 (PCM) Jan 2007″. Is to be sent to the following address. Loose endorsement will not be entertained.
Apply on the prescribed format and Colour Paper as given below :
- 80 % and above aggregate PCM marks – Yellow Paper
- 77% to 79.5 % aggregate PCM marks – Green Paper
- 75% to 76.9% aggregate PCM marks _ Pink Paper
- 73 % to 74.9 % aggregate PCM marks – Blue Paper
- 70% to 72.9% aggregate PCM marks – White Paper
The aggregate percentage in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be written on top of the envelope containing application. Technical Entry Army Application form must be sent by Registered AD to the following address :
10 + 2 Technical Entry Scheme (TES)
West Block – III, RK Puram,
New Delhi – 110 066.
Also enclose one self addressed Post card to enable the Army Headquarters to acknowledge receipt of your application and also to intimate acceptance / rejection as the case may be.
Selection Procedure : No written test.
Short listed candidates are called for SSB Interview at any one of the following Services Selection Boards – Allahabad, Bangalore. Or Bhopal. Duration 4 to 10 days including medical (if Recommended)
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection at the SSB.
- On getting recommended by the SSB the candidates will asked to undergo medical examination conducted by the Military Hospitals.
- All those candidates who are found medically fit will be put into the merit list as per the Marks scored by them at the SSB Interview.
- One second class return fare is admissible for the SSB Interview (Applicable for the first time only)