Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission State Eligibility Test 2007
Applications on the prescribed form ( OMR Computerized application form ) along with relevant Testimonials are invited by 25 / 10 / 2007 ( 10 / 11 / 2007 for the candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Stkkim, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Bharmour Sub-Division and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba Distt., Dodrakawar of Shimla Distt., Kalpa, Nichar & Pooh Tehsils of Kinnaur Distt.,& L&S District of HP.
whose applications are received by post from these areas for appearing in the State Eligibility Test to be held on 23-12-2007 tentatively, for making the candidates eligible for recruitment to the posts of Lecturer ( College Cadre ) in the subjects mentioned below.
The desirous and eligible candidates residing outside Shimla can procure the Brochure along with computerized application form by speed post by sending a self addressed cloth lined envelope duly stamped for 50/- of size 25cm x 30cm along with a demand draft for 50/- as cost of the application form drawn in favour of “Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission, SHIMLA” payable at SHIMLA.
The candidates residing in Shimla can have the Brochure along with application form from the Reception Counter of the Office of the H.P. Public Service Commission, Shimla by paying 50/- in cash.
Examination Fee and Mode of Payment: For General candidates, the examination fee is 500/- ( 125/- in case of Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Other Backward Class ( OBC ) / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) / Visually Handicapped ( VH ) candidates) which should be paid in the shape of demand draft drawn in favour of Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission, SHIMLA, payable at Shimla.
The fee should be paid in the form of a single crossed Demand Draft and fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances- The computerized application form along with demand draft and certificates in support of qualification/ category to which they belong should reach the office of the Secretary, H.P. Public Service Commission, Nigam Vihar, Shimla – 171 002 On Or Before 25-10-2007 ( 10-11-2007 For Hard Areas ).
The application form should not be folded in any circumstances. The H.P. Public Service Commission will not take the responsibility if the envelope is sent through courier or by any other private arrangement and also for the incomplete and insufficient address on the envelope. The applications received after the last date will not be entertained. The candidates will not be allowed to apply / appear in more than one subject.
Subjects For Which The State Eligibility Test Is Being Conducted
English, Chemical Sciences, Political Science, Physical Sciences, Commerce, Hindi, Mathematical Sciences, Geography, Earth Sciences, Sociology, Sanskrit, Music, History, Economics, Physical Education, Environmental Sciences and Life Sciences.
Syllabus Of Test :
The syllabi for all the papers are that of UGC / CSIR examination.
For Science subjects viz Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences, Paper-I will be according to syllabi of UGC NET, the Paper II will be from the syllabi of Section ( B ) of Paper-I of CSIR and Paper-Ill will be Himachal Pradesh
Public Service Commission State Eligibility test-2007
The syllabi will be supplied along with application form or can also be obtained from the following
2. UGC Website: www.ugc.ac.in
1. Conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates, other than SC / ST / PH / VH category, who have secured 55% marks ( without grace OR rounding off ) in UGC specified Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. For SC / ST / PH / VH category, candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without grace OR rounding off ) in UGC specified Master’s Degree are eligible for this test.
- Those Candidates Who Have Even Secured 54.99% Marks And Below ( Even 49.99% Marks And Below For SC / ST / PH / VH Candidates ) In Master Degree Examination Are Not Eligible For This Test. There Is No Provision Of Rounding Up Of Marks To Make It 55% For General / OBC ( 50% For SC / ST / PH / VH ).
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s Degree Examination or whose result is still awaited or candidates whose examinations have been delayed, may also apply for this State Eligibility Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lecturership only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST / PH / VH category candidates ).
- These candidates must obtain and furnish their P.G. degree/ Mark sheet within one year from the date of SET examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examinations were completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in SET Examination.
- The candidates, having PhD Degree in the concerned subject are exempted from SET for PG level and UG level teaching. The candidates having M.Phil degree in the concerned subject are exempted from SET for UG level only.
- The eligible candidates will submit PROOF of their having secured 55% ( 50% in case of reserved category candidates ) Marks in Master’s Degree along . With Category Certificate with their application form, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.