Civil Service Exam Mains – IAS Exam Mains 2017 Syllabus for Medical Science Paper II - Paper I
Paper – II
1. General Medicine :
- Etiology, clinical features, diagnosis and principles of management ( including prevention ) of : Tetanus, Rabies, AIDS, Dengue, Kala – azar, Japanese Encephalitis.
- Etiology, clinical features, diagnosis and principles of management of :
- Ischaemic heart disease, pulmonary embolism.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Pleural effusion, tuberculosis, Malabsorption syndromes, acid peptic diseases, Viral hepatitis and cirrhosis of liver.
- Glomerulonerphritis and pyelonephritis, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome, renovascular hypertension, complications of diabetes mellitus, coagulation disorders, leukemia, Hypo and hyper thyrodism, meningitis and encephalitis.
- Imaging in medical problems, ultrasound, echocardiogram, CT scan, MRI.
- Anxiety and Depressive Psychosis and schizophrenia and ECT.
2. Pediatrics :
- Immunization, Baby friendly hospital, congenital cyanotic heart disease, respiratory distress syndrome, broncho – pneumonias, kernicterus. IMNCI classification and management, PEM grading and management. ARI and Diarrhea of under five and their management.
3. Dermatology :
- Psoriasis, Allergic dermatitis, scabies, eczema, vitiligo, Stevan Johnson’s syndrome, Lichen Planus.
4. General Surgery :
- Clinical features, causes, diagnosis and principles of management of cleft palate, harelip.
- Laryngeal tumor, oral and esophageal tumors.
- Peripheral arterial diseases, varicose veins, coarctation of aorta
- Tumors of Thyroid, Adrenal Glands
- Abscess, cancer, fibroadenoma and adenosis of breast.
- Bleeding peptic ulcer, tuberculosis of bowel, ulcerative colitis, cancer stomach.
- Renal mass, cancer Prostate..
- Haemothorax, stones of Gall bladder, Kidney, Ureter and Urinary Bladder.
- Management of surgical conditions of Rectum, Anus and Anal canal, Gall bladder and Bile ducts
- Splenomegaly, cholecystitis, portal hypertension, liver abscess, peritonitis, carcinoma head of pancreas.
- Fractures of spine, Colles’ fracture and bone tumors.
- Laprascopic Surgery.
5. Obstetrics and Gynaecology including Family Planning :
- Diagnosis of pregnancy.
- Labour management, complications of 3rd stage, Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage, resuscitation of the newborn, Management of abnormal lie and difficult labour, Management of small for date or premature newborn.
- Diagnosis and management of anemia. Preeclampsia and Toxaemias of pregnancy, Management of Post menopausal Syndrome.
- Intra-uterine devices, pills, tubectomy and vasectomy. Medical termination of pregnancy including legal aspects.
- Cancer cervix.
- Leucorrhoea, pelvic pain, infertility, dysfunctional uterine bleeding ( DUB ), amenorrhoea, Fibroid and prolapse of uterus.
6. Community Medicine ( Preventive and Social Medicine ) :
- Principles, methods, approach and measurements of Epidemiology
- Nutrition, nutritional diseases / disorders & Nutrition Programmes.
- Health information Collection, Analysis and Presentation.
- Objectives, components and critical analysis of National programmes for control / eradication of:
- Malaria, Kala-azar, Filaria and Tuberculosis, HIV / AIDS, STDs and Dengue
- Critical appraisal of Health care delivery system.
- Health management and administration: Techniques, Tools, Programme Implementation and Evaluation.
- Objective, Component, Goals and Status of Reproductive and Child Health, National Rural Health Mission and Millennium Development Goals
- Management of hospital and industrial waste.